Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
950 covers apparently available

I have ordered (and it has been shipped) a cover for my 950. Unless I am somehow misreading the details, it appears to be the right cover BUT I haven't received it yet.

Apparently a few more are available at this eBay vendor
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
it looks to be the right cover. I just noticed they are now showing in stock at the sony store as well as is the 950.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

I just ordered one as well. With free shipping and no tax it ends up being $8 cheaper than ordering direct from Sony. Hopefully it's the same cover and not a scam or cheap knockoff.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
I recently sold my beloved 505 to save $$$ for a 950 with its improved screen display and larger size. In the meantime, I'm also looking for a cover and wall A/C adapter.

My 505 had used the incredible cover from BookArmor. I just learned that they have a version for the 950 and will be getting that one! It is super strong and lightweight. Many users have noted it is one of the best ways to protect your ereader investment.

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BookArm...okarmor950.htm

"The BookArmor (tm) zipper case is molded from thick layers of plastic and covered with durable abrasion resistant 600 Denier heavy weight fabric. Double layers of molded plastic and galvanized steel create a rigid outer protective shell for your electronic reader, while foam cushions the screen and controls. The BookArmor (tm) easily offers twice the protection of any other similar product on the market. All this protection in a case that weighs less than 13 ounces (350 grams)."

Last edited by gardenstate; 11-04-2010 at 09:39 PM.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
Abqpete
Abqpete began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, Kindle DXG, Voyage, Oasis
I ordered one of these from Datavis last week. They sent me a red 650 version. It is on its way back now and hopefully they really have the correct one available. If anyone gets the correct one, please post!

Regards, Peter
Abqpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abqpete View Post
I ordered one of these from Datavis last week. They sent me a red 650 version. It is on its way back now and hopefully they really have the correct one available.
Peter, Egads! Now I'm concerned.

The picture in their offering certainly is not red and is not the 650 cover. I called DataVis beforehand and they said they have the PRSA SC95B in stock.

We'll see!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I received my standard cover for the 950 from Sony yesterday. I was surprised at its high quality; I had expected something of a lower quality. Anyway, it fits my 950 perfectly (as it should). The only negative is that the only color choice was black.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abqpete View Post
I ordered one of these from Datavis last week. They sent me a red 650 version.
Peter, The same thing happened to me.

I'm sending mine back for a full refund as I doubt they have the 950 cover.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
Abqpete

Very, very, very annoying! I sent mine back last week for an exchange so now I will have to cancel the exchange and request a refund instead. I was hoping to retire my zip-lock plastic bag sooner.

BTW, it seems that Target has them available on their website in addition to ABT.

Regards, Peter
Old 11-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #10
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

I spoke with them today since I also got the red 650 cover. The agent said they identified a mislabeling of inventory which caused the issue, but unfortunately a few people got sent the wrong cover. He assured me they do have the 950 cover in stock and they would ship me the replacement as soon as they see the 650 cover in transit back to them. They sent me a ups return label for that return. Hopefully they're telling the truth.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
petercreasey
Wizard

They said all the nice things to me as well.

I had called them BEFORE submitting my order and they told me the 950 was in stock...then proceeded to send me the 650 cover. As a result, I lost confidence in their inventory management.

I have spoken again with them and they give assurances they have gone in to actually look at the merchandise and confirmed they have the 950 in stock. Plus, they inform that they are a licensed Sony dealer. They say they are shipping me a 950 cover.

Please advise if you really receive the 950 cover.

Last edited by petercreasey; 11-08-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #12
netboy
Enthusiast
netboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watch

Device: prs-505, prs-950, irex dr800sg
I got my sony cover w/light for my prs-950 last saturday from sonystyle. Great cover, couldn't really be happier.
netboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #13
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
They said all the nice things to me as well.

I had called them BEFORE submitting my order and they told me the 950 was in stock...then proceeded to send me the 650 cover. As a result, I lost confidence in their inventory management.

I have spoken again with them and they give assurances they have gone in to actually look at the merchandise and confirmed they have the 950 in stock. Plus, they inform that they are a licensed Sony dealer. They say they are shipping me a 950 cover.

Please advise if you really receive the 950 cover.
Thanks for the update. I'll post again when/if I receive it. I'm not too worried since I'll be able to force the refund with paypal, but irritating none the less. Hopefully I'll get the 950 cover later this week.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #14
Abqpete

Yikes! That makes 3 of us! I was told the same thing this morning when I called to cancel. He assured me that they did indeed have the correct item in stock. He apologized and told me that they would ship the replacement today even though that had yet to receive my return. I guess we will find out soon enough.

I ordered one through Target as well. If the Datavis one falls through I will have one from Target. If the Datavis is good then I can return the Target one to a local store.

Regards, Peter
Old 11-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #15
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I got the cover with light for the 950. And the correct one (when I ordered the cover with light for the 900 last year, I got the cover for the 600, similar to what happened to you guys).

Anyhow... just wanted to note... the cover with light for the 950 is MUCH, MUCH better than the one for the 900. It is lighter, the arm for the light is more flexible, allowing for better positioning and, most importantly, the light is much brighter. I would really recommend getting it, it really improved my experience with the 950.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote