Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
doremifaso
Connoisseur
doremifaso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, PW2
One question before I buy 650/350

I have decided to buy a PRS-650, and I went to the sony store to check it out. All functions worked as expected, except for one. I tried to hold my finger/stylus at the edge of the screen, and expected the screen to keep on flipping pages until I release the press. Out of 10 times, only 1 time works; the other 9 times, the reader just do nothing.

Do those of you who own the 650/350 has the same problem? Is there any trick on making this function work?
doremifaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Just putting my finger on the screen doesn't make the page turn. Multiple page turns happen if I hold my finger down at the end of a page turn swipe. It keeps turning pages until I remove my finger. Quite a surprise the first time it happened.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Just as polly puts it... swipe and press... guess the odd time it worked for you, you must have had some sideways movement as well...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
Oh...just get it and don't look back! But, if you want to, swipe right to left and keep your finger on the screen at the end of the swipe. I think you have made a good choice. I didn't really think I wanted a touch screen...I'm a button kind of guy, or so I thought.
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I use the physical forward/back buttons for this. Hold the button down until it starts flipping.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I use the physical forward/back buttons for this. Hold the button down until it starts flipping.
I do that, too ... to cheat to see how far I am from the end of the chapter in deciding whether to put the book down.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
doremifaso
Connoisseur

Thanks for all your answer.
Now I know I need to swipe first, and I learn something new too. I never know you can hold the button to flip multiple pages at once.
Very cool feature indeed.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
doremifaso
Connoisseur

Actually, I have one more question.

I am going to buy a silver PRS-650, and I think they have the black and red cases available. I can't find any green cases that others have shown though. I am just wondering would it be weird to have a silver reader with a red case.

The sony store I went only has a black reader on display, so I can't really put them side by side to see for myself.

Any comments?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
I think a silver reader in a red case would look quite nice
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote