Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Anyone using a lap desk?

Was thinking a lap desk would be handy for reading my Kindle (with cover). Would be nice if it had a drink holder and a slight incline.

Anyone using one that they like?

Brand and/or links appreciated.

Last edited by foghat; 10-02-2010 at 03:02 PM.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here's one....missing drink holder, tho.......

http://www.amazon.com/Prop-Up-Variab...6048123&sr=8-8
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL

http://www.amazon.com/Hog-Wild-Peera...ref=pd_sim_k_3

Not a lapdesk, but I have a peeramid which works great...while my ebook reader isn't heavy enough to really need something to prop it up, I also think it would be great for iPad users. (Plus when its not in use, you can flip it over and it looks like a small square pillow)
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
bookmonster
bookmonster doesn't litterbookmonster doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Leaf 2
I am LOVING this combination:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product (be sure to check out the video review)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LapDeskLady?ref=seller_info (I requested a custom size/color combination & the seller is super responsive. Excellent quality)
bookmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Huh. Just added that Peeramid to my wish list. Looks like it might just do the trick for longer reading sessions.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
When using netbook on the sofa or sitting up in bed, I use the Logitech lapdesk. I like how its easy to store and has a tray for my wireless mouse (which I prefer over a trackpad).

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-939-0...6057645&sr=8-2

Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Thanks for all the suggestions!
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
tomereader
Zealot
tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ectaco JBL, Archos 5, 7, 70, Kindle DXG, Craig 7, Vizio Vtab
My dad had a Levenger lap desk the one shaped like a kidney bean

I see they added many more styles: http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATE...-344|level=2-3
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
Roger1322
Roger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enoughRoger1322 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Was thinking a lap desk would be handy for reading my Kindle (with cover). Would be nice if it had a drink holder and a slight incline.

Anyone using one that they like?

Brand and/or links appreciated.
I have a Levenger which I have owned for 15 years - beautiful cherry wood, boomerang shaped with a matching pillow that goes under it if you wish. It has a stand so that it can be stood up on end. We use it as a work of art mostly nowadays. It is about 30 inches by 16 inches at the center and about 1/4 inch thick - very light. Gorgeous and very practical.

Last edited by Roger1322; 10-03-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Roger1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Anyone using a lap ___?
Many thoughts came into my head before I read "desk"!
Seriously, unless something is wrong with your arms, your hands will do with holding a smaller liseuse. The larger ones are outside my experience (although I've seen one before, I've never held one to comment).
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #11
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I've had a Levenger lapdesk for over a decade now, and find it a very comfortable way to work and take notes when reading.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I too have used a Levenger lap desk for years - with laptops, readers, etc. Lightweight and easy to store next to the chair.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Okay.....I give up.

Could someone post a link or pic of the Levenger?

Can't find it on Amazon.....maybe looking at the wrong place?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #14
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Look here: http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATE...2-3|pageid=614

this is the basic model

scroll down the page to see fancier models
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
These look "nice" http://leisupod.com/ & http://www.ilapdesk.com/ergo-tilt-laptopstand.html.

Not lap desks, but we use these .... http://en.lounge-tek.com/
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote