Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
IsLNdbOi
IsLNdbOi began at the beginning.

Device: B&N Nook
High pitched noise when charging?

Another thing I've noticed is that when the Nook is plugged in and charging, I'll hear a high pitched noise if I turn it on to use while it is charging.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this normal?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Another thing I've noticed is that when the Nook is plugged in and charging, I'll hear a high pitched noise if I turn it on to use while it is charging.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this normal?
sounds like you have the speaker volume up too high
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
IsLNdbOi

How do I change the volume? I've softrooted my Nook and I don't see volume controls anywhere.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
IsLNdbOi

Ok, looks like the only way to get into the audio player after you've softrooted is to open a book, scroll all the way to the bottom of the menu on the LCD and tap on "Open Audio Player".

I've lowered the volume all the way and can confirm that the high pitched noise is actually coming from the Nook's charger when the Nook is plugged in.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Ok, looks like the only way to get into the audio player after you've softrooted is to open a book, scroll all the way to the bottom of the menu on the LCD and tap on "Open Audio Player".

I've lowered the volume all the way and can confirm that the high pitched noise is actually coming from the Nook's charger when the Nook is plugged in.

Then the charger is bad and needs to be replaced
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote