Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
zune player

Does anyone here know if zune players can plug into a car radio like an ipod?

I'm debating between the Zune 120g and the ipod classic 120g...but not sure which one is better.

Also, I wasn't sure how well Ipod handled audio books.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Do you have an jack in your car for one? Or are you buying a separate thing to get it to work?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Do you have an jack in your car for one? Or are you buying a separate thing to get it to work?
Sadly, I do not have a jack in my car so I'll have to buy another radio system and install that. If I had a cassette player in my car that would have been more useful it sounds like. So for now I was going to buy the parts one piece at a time and then when summer hits I'll try installing the radio myself.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
you could always go the FM transmitter route
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
you could always go the FM transmitter route

I tried that one already, pretty much wasted 30 dollars. the reception would cut out if your in the city or drive under a bridge... and then sometimes if the song was too low in volumn the device would turn off. It was rather annoying and I don't want to have to deal with that while I'm driving.

i'm hoping a direct plug into the radio would be much better than the FM transmitter.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I tried that one already, pretty much wasted 30 dollars. the reception would cut out if your in the city or drive under a bridge... and then sometimes if the song was too low in volumn the device would turn off. It was rather annoying and I don't want to have to deal with that while I'm driving.

i'm hoping a direct plug into the radio would be much better than the FM transmitter.
I've never had much luck with the FM transmitters either. I use a cassette converter for my mp3 player.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote