Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #256
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm glad you like it. i did it on purpose.
I wrecked it on purpose. I'm in that kind of mood. (Forgive me, boo?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #257
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i call mine theresa, my first love, long ago, far away, no photos please
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #258
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm so happy. :bigsmileydogthing:
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #259
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I'm so happy. :bigsmileydogthing:
you and me both.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #260
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just to let you know, I'm working on the next several episodes of Vera and Planet Head. There will likely be pastry, finally, in the next one. In the meantime, I can't wait to read what happens next to Vera in Panama! And someone's adventures with Vera and squid. And more??
Old 11-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #261
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Just to let you know, I'm working on the next several episodes of Vera and Planet Head. There will likely be pastry, finally, in the next one. In the meantime, I can't wait to read what happens next to Vera in Panama! And someone's adventures with Vera and squid. And more??
:clappinghandsandbouncingonchairtoexpressextremejo y:
Old 11-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #262
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
PlanetHead? Who is he? Sounds like an egomaniac.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #263
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
it's about time you showed up.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #264
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Nah. Vera and Planet Head is just a story of Vera and a sad and mildly dysfunctional android with a cavernous cranial container. Either that, or it's a story of Vera on an alien planet where sexual perversions are the norm. I haven't decided which, yet.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #265
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Are you trying to tell me that there are planets where sexual perversions are NOT the norm? Sorry, but the key to good SF is to start with a plausible premise.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #266
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Harv Wallbanger woke up with a start. Something was wrong. Years of being a bush pilot had honed his senses to a fine point. Yes. Definitely . Something wrong. Maybe it was the silence of the usually raucous tropical birds. Or the lack of sounds of ship engines as they traversed the Canal. Or, just maybe, and he was sort of guessing here, it had to do with the fact that his face was nearly underwater.

He sat up straight, hitting his head on the mast of his little sailboat. Why was he all wet? Oh. Right. The Leak. The damned leak that had plagued him for weeks on end. No amount of patching fixed it, and many of the things he did just made it worse.

He plumbed the depths of his sodden brain, trying to figure out why he was sleeping in his sailboat and not, say, in his plane, or even at Vera's. Oh. Right. Vera. He tried to recall the argument thay had had the night before. He tried to remember the night before that he had had after the argument. He vaguely recalled being told to go drown himself.

"Well, she'll be happy to know that I can almost do something right," he mused as he jumped out of the listing boat onto the shore where he tied off his plane.

At least that didn't leak.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #267
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Back to topic, I call mine "silicon book".
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:43 AM   #268
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Back to topic, I call mine "silicon book".
I call mine "George" (I think I mentioned), or an "ereader" when speaking to people totally unfamiliar with the device (yes, I use the forbidden term, fully aware of the hellishly vile consequences that I may cause to befall perfectly innocent victims as a result of my perverse and obstreperous anarchy against the socially-accepted terminological, formatological and trademarked paradigm. I'll just add it to the list of reasons I'm going to spend eternity in a fiery pit of pain).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #269
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I call mine "George" (I think I mentioned), or an "ereader" when speaking to people totally unfamiliar with the device (yes, I use the forbidden term, fully aware of the hellishly vile consequences that I may cause to befall perfectly innocent victims as a result of my perverse and obstreperous anarchy against the socially-accepted terminological, formatological and trademarked paradigm. I'll just add it to the list of reasons I'm going to spend eternity in a fiery pit of pain).

Cheers,
Marc
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #270
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Cheers,
Marc
oh, yep. you are definitely going to hell for *that*.

Tags
birth of the cool, farking and lower farking, hugo and lefty, liseuse, ongoing saga, saga, screaming mad adrian, the birth of the cool, the goose, unutterable silliness, vera