Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Wesley
Wesley began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
ADE ans Calibre dont recignize

ok so i bought the sony reader prs-600 if i get books from the sony web site everything seems to work however calibre does not always see the reader when i plug it in and ADE does not see it at all i bought a secure adobe book and i cant get the thing to autherize my reader because it dosent see it.
I am runing windows vista home adition can anyone help me i dont want to lern to break the coppyprotection i just want to read the book i bout for my reader on my reader. PLEASE NOTE I HAVE ALL THE LATEST PATCHES AND VERSIONS.
sorry about that i am geting mad i guess i am only allowed to buy books from sony website and that is BS.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
make sure eBook Library is not running, plug in the Reader (and if eBook starts, quit it, but do not eject your reader from windows). start up Calibre. Make sure you run through the configuration and select Sony and Reader. If you need to go through the configuration again go to Preferences->Run Welcome Wizard. You might want to do it again anyway.

I've found Calibre works just fine, it's just very slow. It takes 15 seconds or so to recognize my reader once it's started up.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert