Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #31
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoric View Post
...Although with all open markets sellers will try to get the most they can, and buyers want the cheapest price. What will be determined as "fair" by consumers and publishers is still being worked out.
Yeah, this is the main point. Since right now only people willing to pay a bit more for the convenience are buying these devices and media the higher prices can be supported. I think once more devices are sold this will self adjust although it may be in the wrong direction.

I have said this before, this market reminds me of when bank ATM's first started and the banks loved it because they could lower headcount, reduce costs. Consumers hated it because we were used to dealing with a teller... A few years passed and the banks started charging ATM fees but using a teller was free...
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #32
nascarrunner71
nascarrunner71 began at the beginning.

Device: K1, K2, DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ahh, but that's just the thing. Amazon is free to charge more for the book, but you don't have to pay it. I go to amazon's own site and find the cheapest used copy available. They just lost the sale of an electronic copy, and since it's a re-sale, the author/publisher lost revenue. Eventually they may learn.
I've recently put some used books on Amazon to sell. They charge me, on average, $3 per book if it sells. That means I have to charge $4 to make a buck. (Unless you pay their monthly fee, then I think it waives the fee-per-sale.) So by buying the "cheapest used" you really aren't teaching them a lesson. They still made money on you--probably as much as the markup for an e-book.
nascarrunner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #33
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I hadn't sold used books on Amazon in a few years, didn't realize how much they charge now.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote