Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #46
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Does this tools work for unencrypted eReader books? I have two eReader files, one that I purchased and one that was a free download (swiss family robinson). When I look at my books on eReader site, the one I purchased says no unlock code needed and the freebie has "....9999 My Name" (with the last 4 digits of my credit card for the 9999 and my real name for My Name). When I try to run the program, I get the incorrect eReader version 10 (error 1) error message. I get the same error message on both files. Is this suppose to work? If so, any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I already tried re-downloading the files. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #47
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Did you download & install the Active Python? That is a Python script and requires Python to be installed on your computer.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #48
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
For me, this tool worked for every eReader book I purchased, and almost none of the eReader books that had been offered as "freebies" over the years on that site.

I've so loved being able to read my eReader books on my Sony (after converting them), that I haven't been bothered that a small handful don't convert. Especially, since eReader's giveaways have almost all been classics, and I can get them elsewhere for free (including here!)

(And if Astak ever gets around to releasing its new e-Ink devices, I won't even have to convert my books any more....)

Last edited by FizzyWater; 09-01-2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: to correct spelling
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwvan View Post
Folks, I'm still a little lost. Where can I get Igor's scripts? I find lots of work he has done, but nothing that applies to ereader2html.

Help! Please!
Igorsk didn't write eReader2HTML.py. That's why you cannot find it where his other work is. I suggest google searching for it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #50
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yep, python is there and runs the script just fine. It just doesn't convert the book to html.
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
yep, python is there and runs the script just fine. It just doesn't convert the book to html.
Did you use the last 8 digits of the credit card used to register the eBook?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #52
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Yep, I used the cmd line
python eReader2html.py ereader_file dest_dir "my name" cc_number
Old 09-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Yep, I used the cmd line
python eReader2html.py ereader_file dest_dir "my name" cc_number
eReader2html.py origfile.pdb temp\ "name used in book" last8digitstofCC

No need for Python on the command line.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #54
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

It's on a Mac, i.e. Unix, which is why I included the python. I tried it the way you suggest and get the same error. The name that I use is the name that was listed on the eReader download page next to the book, though I don't know what to use with the one that says no key required.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #55
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I'm lost!!!! I've installed ActivePython and downloaded ereader2html script erm... now what do I DO NEXT!!!!
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

http://www.python.org <--- get Python from there

You'll then need to use the command line (Windows) or whatever your OS equiv is.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #57
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I'm lost!!!! I've installed ActivePython and downloaded ereader2html script erm... now what do I DO NEXT!!!!
Stand on one foot. Put your arms to your side, above your head at about a 30deg angle. Curve your hands down a bit. This is called the "crane" stance. Once you are in the crane stance have someone take a pic of you. Make the pic your avatar so we can all laugh hysterically.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #58
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
http://www.python.org <--- get Python from there

You'll then need to use the command line (Windows) or whatever your OS equiv is.
Plz wolf could you explain step by step the process, /me is ashamed of not remembering dos .

Give me GUI any day

XP user here
Old 09-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #59
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Stand on one foot. Put your arms to your side, above your head at about a 30deg angle. Curve your hands down a bit. This is called the "crane" stance. Once you are in the crane stance have someone take a pic of you. Make the pic your avatar so we can all laugh hysterically.

BOb
ROFL!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #60
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
ROFL!!!!!!!
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Once you have ActivePython installed it should have been added to your path. You should be able to go to a cmd prompt, change to the directory with the .py file in it, type the name of the file like mobidedrm and press enter. If it returns the name/version you are good to go.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote