Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
pdf with images

Does anyone have a public domain PDF file that has extractable images in it. I want to add support of images to pdf2lrf but I can't find a test pdf file.

Most PDF that have images dont have machine extractable images. You can test this if you have acrobat pro.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
KaiGoth
Enthusiast
KaiGoth began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500 & PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Does anyone have a public domain PDF file that has extractable images in it. I want to add support of images to pdf2lrf but I can't find a test pdf file.

Most PDF that have images dont have machine extractable images. You can test this if you have acrobat pro.
Any way to test this without Acrobat Pro? I have a ton of manuals for work that are PDF, but I don't use Acrobat Pro.
KaiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

compile poppler and use pdfimages
Old 08-05-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
KaiGoth
Enthusiast
KaiGoth began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500 & PRS700
I just downloaded a quick and dirty little tool called File Juicer (http://echoone.com/filejuicer/). Thought it was pretty cool and assumed it did exactly what you were looking for. Finally found a PDF with a bunch of jpg images that it was able to pull.

Since it is 8MB I'm adding a link rather than the file itself.

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/ni...Mar07-2007.pdf
KaiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah thanks.
Advert