Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 10-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
mrstephenmaher
mrstephenmaher began at the beginning.

Device: iriver
IRiver is frozen

My Iriver has frozen at the menu screen. I have plugged it into my Laptop however my laptop does not even recognise it as a device.
I have tried to press the tiny,tiny reset button between the USB and the memory card slot but no luck. Any ideas? Please?
mrstephenmaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
One idea: post this again in the forum for the Iriver. Not everyone in this forum uses that brand, but over in the Iriver forum you'll get everyone's attention.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 02:59 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstephenmaher View Post
My Iriver has frozen at the menu screen. I have plugged it into my Laptop however my laptop does not even recognise it as a device.
I have tried to press the tiny,tiny reset button between the USB and the memory card slot but no luck. Any ideas? Please?
Is it winter in your neck of the woods?

Sorry, my sense of the ridiculous sometimes runs away with me.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:22 AM   #4
samac
Connoisseur
samac doesn't littersamac doesn't litter

Device: EB03 iriver story
The reset button is a hole that you have to insert a pointed object into to press the recessed button, you then have to push and hold the on switch to the right. This should reset the machine.

If that doesn't work it may be a hardware fault.

samac
samac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
mrstephenmaher
mrstephenmaher began at the beginning.

Device: iriver
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by samac View Post
The reset button is a hole that you have to insert a pointed object into to press the recessed button, you then have to push and hold the on switch to the right. This should reset the machine.

If that doesn't work it may be a hardware fault.

samac
Originally I did the bit about 'insert the small pointed object into the hole' but not the 'turn the on switch at the same time' bit. That worked - you are a legend, Samac. Thanks.
mrstephenmaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
n0rd
n0rd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura & Kobo Aura H2O Ed.2
try charging the story for 10-15 minutes, then turn it on
i've similar problem caused by low battery
n0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
hernep
Enthusiast
hernep began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story, iPad 2
Is it a "Freeze my iRiver"-day or what? My iRiver froze too, while browsing table of contest of DRM'd ePub. Perhaps I should browse less frantically next time

samac, you saved me!

Manual, which is readily installed on iRiver - when purchased - did not say anything about 'turn the on switch at the same time'. But instead it has typo on last line of manual (finnish version) but that's normal
hernep is offline   Reply With Quote