Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have an end note problem?
Yes, I have this problem 4 57.14%
No, I do not have this problem 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Do you have this problem in 1.9.17 (end notes)

Do you have this problem with 1.9.17 (endnotes)
I'm seeing problems traversing end notes.

If you are running firmware version 1.9.17, please try the following and vote in the pole.

1) side load this epub: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145144
2) go to page five
3) click on end note [1] (this is on the second screen of page 5 for me)
4) does the end note display without having to tap the screen a second time
5) repeat steps 2-4 ten times

For me I have to touch the screen an additional time get the end note to display, and touching the screen advances/go backs a page.

For me the problem(s) happen every time.

Please vote "Yes, I have this problem" if you need to tap additional time(s) to get the end note to display. Otherwise vote "No".

I have a Kobo Touch with Offers. I am using the Tweaks plugin.

*** This is a public poll

Last edited by John F; 03-26-2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Updated link and added comment about public poll
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I voted yes.

I have this problem every time I try to traverse an end note.
Advert
Old 03-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
GVC2031
Enthusiast
GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Please check your link. I am getting the 404 - Not Found error.
GVC2031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145144
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I voted YES.
I haven't used end notes before so I'm not sure quite how they are supposed to work. However, I tried this and it DID take a second tap and it went to endnote [2] instead of [1].
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVC2031 View Post
Please check your link. I am getting the 404 - Not Found error.
I updated the link. Thank you PeterT.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer

The Terminator provided this link: Les Miserables, and the end notes worked fine for me.

And I retried my original link, and it still "doesn't work"; but the back link on the end note does work.

Another strange thing is that the inline TOC works, but end notes don't. Aren't inline TOC and end notes both just links?

The Terminator, I see you voted no. You did try the ebook I linked to (just making sure)?