Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Richard443
Member Retired
Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Nook 2 Android (N2A) usage in PE

I recently purchased an a N2A card with alternate boot for my color Nook. It absolutely works providing a more advanced 2.x (Gingerbread?) OS in the SD card. No changes to the Nook Color. When I want I can go back to the Nook Color during boot or removing the card.

My question, has anyone tried the N2A card in the PE. I don't want to brick the card or the PE but if it would word I wouldn't mind separating usage of the resitive screen from the e-ink screen.

I have checked with the mfg of the N2A card and the answer basically is maybe yes or maybe no.

Richard
Richard443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
make a like to like dump copy with he zilion of software able to do this.
obviously will not boot as very different hardware.
also bit silly to buy as you can find all the instructions on the net on how to make one
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Richard443
Member Retired
Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Richard443 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Thanks for the information. As to why buy the card - just didn't want wrestle through the process, i.e. I want to drive the car not have to be the mechanic.
Richard443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
With something like that you would end up with just the LCD screen and no e-ink. The use of the e-ink is built into the versions of Android we have for the PE and EE.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
I don't believe the PE has the capability, but the Nook Color can boot from an SD card without changing the internal firmware. So you can choose to boot one or the other.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard443 View Post
I recently purchased an a N2A card...
What's a N2A card?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
As Glow says the Nook Color can boot from its sd slot or its internal firmware. The N2A stands for "Nook to Android". It's just a commercially available mcrosd with CM7 on it for those folks who don't want to make their own. I use microsd to run CM7 on my Nook Color and it works very well. If I want to return to a stock Nook I just pop the card out. This great for people trying to mod a tablet - mistakes are reversible. As far as I know the PE does not check the sd card during boot only internal. As I've said before it greatly reduce risk of fooling around with the PE. Because the PE is a "special" appliance I would not recommend using the N2A in the PE.By the way Daily Steals has the Nook Color for $149 today although I don't know if it's refurbished or about the warranty.
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunodosoma View Post
The N2A stands for "Nook to Android". It's just a commercially available mcrosd with CM7 on it for those folks who don't want to make their own. I use microsd to run CM7 on my Nook Color and it works very well. If I want to return to a stock Nook I just pop the card out. This great for people trying to mod a tablet - mistakes are reversible. As far as I know the PE does not check the sd card during boot only internal. As I've said before it greatly reduce risk of fooling around with the PE. Because the PE is a "special" appliance I would not recommend using the N2A in the PE.By the way Daily Steals has the Nook Color for $149 today although I don't know if it's refurbished or about the warranty.
Appreciate the explanation.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate boot, n2a, nook 2 android