Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
JenPen1
Connoisseur
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
Unhappy Where are my books?

I might have seen something about this before, but I've lookded through a whole bunch of threads and haven't been able to find the solution!

Sony bookstore is offering 4 Science Fiction books until May 31 for free. I don't buy books from Sony so when I buy them from elsewhere I download them to my desktop and then 'drag and drop' them into Sony and Calibre. But this time when I downloaded 2 free books they went right into the opened Sony Library from their bookstore. I know I am making it sound confusing. But now that they are in Sony library, how do I get them into the Calibre library? Sony won't let me drag them and when I go into My Documents and into My Books the only books that are there are the original free ones that I got when I first bought my PRS505 and some other ones that I have 'dragged' there.
No 2, new, free science fiction ones. So can anyone tell me where they are on my hard drive. I looked around including doing a 'Search' and nothing comes up.

Thanks for any help that is offered.

~Jen

Last edited by JenPen1; 03-10-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Found my books.
JenPen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Mine have always gone to the My Books/My Ebook Library folder in My Documents. I'm not at a PC with the Sony software right now, but if you load up the book in the Sony library there's a details button or something like that and it will show the path to the file as well as the file name. I'm working from memory, but it's something along those lines.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
JenPen1
Connoisseur
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
Found my books

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Mine have always gone to the My Books/My Ebook Library folder in My Documents. I'm not at a PC with the Sony software right now, but if you load up the book in the Sony library there's a details button or something like that and it will show the path to the file as well as the file name. I'm working from memory, but it's something along those lines.
Thanks AnemicOak. . . I did find them where you said. The problem was that they show up as a whole row of letters and numbers and I didn't realize that the new ones had also gone in there, I was erroneously thinking that they were all the original free one's.

Thanks for your prompt response.

~Jen
JenPen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Glad you found them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote