Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Problems with LRF from converted epub

Hello Kovid

I am hoping you can help me. I have some Sony Store purchases which are epubs and I have just figured out how to 'liberate' them Got them into Calibre no problem and onto the reader, but the font was tiny. So I converted it in Calibre into LRF as I prefer those to epub, and the font was still tiny. So I tried to use the font zoomer on the Sony and it crashed every time. The whole reader shut down and I had to turn it back on, then there was a boot-up screen with the Sony logo, then it returned me to what I had been reading before I opened up the problem book. This happened more than one time. It was all good until I tried to zoom.

So I deleted the LRF and have reloaded the epub onto the Sony. It's fine now. The font is still tiny, but I was able to use the zoom and nothing crashed. However, I still do prefer the way the LRF looks and would like to see if there is a fix. Any suggestions for what may be going on?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hard to say without looking at the files in question.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
In "Preferences", under "Conversions", did you play with the "Base font size" and "Font size key" settings at all? I've got my base font size set at "9" (might be too small for you) and my font size key settings look like this: "7.5,9,10,12,12,12,12,12." You may want to experiment a bit with this...
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Me too!

I have the exact same situation with my Sony bookstore epub books I tried to convert to .lrf after I made the font larger. I thought it was the newest Calibre so I went back to the older Calibre software and I got the same problem. Some of the books worked and some did not. They crashed the Sony ereader so I finally gave up! Apparently the book is corrupted. On another posting I listed the error I got. I finally decided I can't fix it, until some expert has the same problem and fixes it I am at a loss too. Keep me posted on how you fix it.

Oh yeah, I also unzipped and zipped the file again, as someone here said that helps when you can't open an .epub book. Apparently that was not the problem as it still did crash the Sony.

Last edited by new; 12-16-2009 at 02:10 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I have decided that I just prefer to have full control and change the spacing, font and everything. So I have re-downloaded Stanza and am exporting the epub to HTML so I can make my own changes. Much smaller files and more flexible options.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert