Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2014, 01:09 AM   #1
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Unhappy Several covers not showing

I have several ebook covers that are not showing. I purchased the books from the Reader store when Sony had it and it showed the cover when I was looking at the info but when I purchased it, it didn't show. The titles are "New Girl In Town" and "False Friends and True Strangers", both by Nancy Rue. How do I go about getting the covers? I like it when all my books show the covers as it's no different than buying a book at the bookstore and not having the cover.
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:36 AM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Did the covers ever show after you downloaded the ebooks? A few publishers are using generic covers for downloaded ebooks, I suppose as a cost-saving measure. You can use Calibre to insert a new cover.

On the other hand, if they downloaded with proper covers and now the covers aren't showing up, I don't know what the problem might be.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2014, 02:51 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why on Earth do you consider this to be "News"? Moved to the Sony forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #4
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, the covers never showed after downloading the books. How do I go about getting them? Harry, I thought I posted in the Sony forum. I'm sorry if I accidentally posted in the wrong forum. I originally had a PRS-505 but used it till it died. I didn't have an eReader for a while and then decided to get another Sony and decided on the 300 as it was just a smaller version of the 505. They show up sometimes on either ADE or the Reader Library but they don't show up on the actual book. Do I have to delete the book from my computer and redownload it or what?
Old 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
readerlover
Connoisseur

I was able to use awesome Calibre and get all the covers for the books that didn't have them! I will never use the Reader software ever again as Calibre has everything that I need!
Advert
Old 07-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #6
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Are you saying that you have the same book loaded in ADE, Sony Reader (on Mac or PC or whatever) and on your PRS-300 and only the 300 is missing the cover?

And what does "missing the cover" mean? That the first page in the book is blank? Or the thumbnail doesn't show in your library view?
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:11 AM   #7
readerlover
Connoisseur

Yes, I have the same books in ADE and Calibre and what I mean by "missing the cover" is that the first page when you open a book on the Reader only shows a black space instead of the cover. Calibre fixed that for me!