Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
PurplRose
PurplRose began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
New eDGe - browser not working

I just got my Woot eDGe. I can get my email but can not get on the browers to open. Its starts to then closes. What can I do to get it to work?
PurplRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
That's a weird one. The first thing I would try is turn your PE off, then on again, using the power switch.

Were you able to update your unit?

Welcome to MobileRead, sorry about the circumstances.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplRose View Post
I just got my Woot eDGe. I can get my email but can not get on the browers to open. Its starts to then closes. What can I do to get it to work?
Go into applications and clear data, cookies passwords and forms for Browser; regardless whether you have actually entered any of the particular data. Full shutdown; restart; start WiFi; retry browser.

Props: borisb

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 07-08-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Acknowledgement.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
ManikMom
ManikMom began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I just got my PE yesterday, too, and I could not get the browser to work properly under the default operating system (Android 1.6). I was able to register the device but when I tried to browse the pages wouldn't load. Then I updated to Ermine (Froyo 2.2) using some instructions elsewhere in these forums and the browser works just fine now. Have you updated to Ermine yet?
ManikMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, ManikMom!

I'm glad you got your browser working. It should work fine in Dingo (Android 1.6) also.

PurplRose, did you try Gunner's suggestions? Any luck??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
PurplRose
PurplRose began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
Yes. I did get it working. I was able to do the update. Still did not work. I tried doc to go. I had a Google account and some doc. Once I logged on to that account the browser started working. I need to get YouTube to work and if passable get some a few more games. Thanks. Is there a way to get games to work like farmville? I would have reply sooner but lost this site. I got email with link today. Thanks all for helping.
PurplRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplRose View Post
...Is there a way to get games to work like farmville?...
At one time there was, I believe, a version on SlideMe that worked.
'
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote