Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
rcstewa
rcstewa began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Not Transferring Entire Book onto E-Reader

I tried to search the forum but couldn't find anything on this topic.

I have a book in ePub format on Calibre. When I look at in Calibre's reader, the entire book is there. However, when I transfer it to my Nook, it says the book is only one page (and that's the cover). I've transferred tons of books before, but this is the only one I've had this specific problem with.

Any help would be much appreciated!
rcstewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
try an epub to epub conversion their is something wrong in the epub file.
It opens in calibre IIRC because calibre converts all books to epub internally before opening in the reader.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
rcstewa

I tried an epub to epub with no success.

Any other ideas, or is the file simply corrupted somehow? Thanks for your help so far!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcstewa View Post

Any other ideas, or is the file simply corrupted somehow? Thanks for your help so far!
Do Not post it here if the book is under Copyright.
In that case, Open a ticket on the tracker and attach it there for Kovid to look at.

Calibre can not convert books with DRM (so epub to epub would not work)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Do Not post it here if the book is under Copyright.
In that case, Open a ticket on the tracker and attach it there for Kovid to look at.

Calibre can not convert books with DRM (so epub to epub would not work)
The OP said the file opened in calibre so its not a drm problem.
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcstewa View Post

the file is not corrupted as you can open it in calibre. Only other thing that comes to mind is maybe using sigil that might fix it.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
the file is not corrupted as you can open it in calibre. Only other thing that comes to mind is maybe using sigil that might fix it.
Calibre will open files that reder devices will not.

OP Check the segment split size. 260K is a maximum for many devices. You may not have gotte to the end of Segment 1'1' when you ran off the end of you devices ability
Old 03-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
rcstewa

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre will open files that reder devices will not.

OP Check the segment split size. 260K is a maximum for many devices. You may not have gotte to the end of Segment 1'1' when you ran off the end of you devices ability
That worked!!

Thanks everyone for your help! It's much appreciated, as I'm not too great with technical stuff!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks;1431118OP Check the segment [B
split size[/B]. 260K is a maximum for many devices.
Why do folks always feel a need to mess with this setting?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
True after asking to reconvert I never expected it to be a filesize problem as normally that should have fixed it nice catch by theducks
Old 03-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
that is 2 times in a month, this has happened.

(BTW I did that change, way back when I first got Calibre , thinking that "This is the biggest SIZE OF THE BOOK" setting. )
I did find areason to temporarily set to 400: when a book faild bcause it could not find a break. Once converted, I SET IT BACK and converted Epub to Epub again for a successful run