Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
ippymiss
ippymiss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
online access

Hi, My brother had Calibre and wants to give, let me (read) his books that he has, I also have calibre. Is there a way for him to let me have his books and add to my calibre or kindle? I am not sure I am wording this right. Sorry
Will the online access work this way? Thanks
ippymiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
ippymiss

I guess no one knows?
If he has calibre and I have calibre is there a way for him to let me have his library even though we are on different computers and different states...Is there a file he can send me ?
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippymiss View Post
I guess no one knows?
If he has calibre and I have calibre is there a way for him to let me have his library even though we are on different computers and different states...Is there a file he can send me ?
There are a number of ways for your brother to share with you.
HE needs to set this up and THEN tell you what way he is using.

One way is to simply contact him and say "Hey Bro, send book XYZ to my Kindle" by e-mail to your Kindle account (after you add him to the allowed list on the Manage My K page).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
ippymiss

Thank You!!!!! I will try that . I was actually hoping he can send his whole book list and books, but we will try this way first! Again, Thanks !
Old 12-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippymiss View Post
Thank You!!!!! I will try that . I was actually hoping he can send his whole book list and books, but we will try this way first! Again, Thanks !
He could make a Catalog (in Mobi format) and send that
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
dmcounts
Enthusiast
dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: K2, K3-3G/WIFI
You could have him copy his Calibre Library to a USB thumb drive and mail it to you.

don
dmcounts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Enable Calibre Content Server and have him configure his router to let you access it via the web.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote