Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #241
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Did you install Python?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #242
ExcaliburRisen
ExcaliburRisen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Yes, version 0.11.N is installed
ExcaliburRisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #243
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Worksforme, check the logs.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:12 PM   #244
ExcaliburRisen

I have no idea how I would do this. Are there instructions somewhere for checking the logs?
Thanks.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:04 PM   #245
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's sent to the system logs, I *think* we rehashed this a few pages ago?

In any case: showlog in a shell, or enter ;dm in the Homescreen's search bar and check the syslog dumped in the documents folder.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:53 AM   #246
ExcaliburRisen

Ok, entered ;dm in the search bar on home screen and now have 4 files including one called all_system_logs.
What should I be looking for in this file? I can't find any reference to librariansync in this file.
Thanks again.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:22 AM   #247
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You can upload the logs here and let NiLuJe take a look at them.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:47 AM   #248
ExcaliburRisen

Here's the all_systems_logs file.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2016, 11:38 AM   #249
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburRisen View Post
I have recently updated my PW2 to firmware 5.7.3 and it seems like LibrarianSync is no longer working. I create the collections in Calibre using the Kindle Collections plugin as usual but when choosing "Update Collections (calibre plugin)" I just get the message "Updating collections from Calibre" and nothing further happens.
That message "status Updating collections (from Calibre) . . ." comes from the KUAL extension itself, not LibrarianSyc's internals.

So as far as we know, LS isn't even running. The logs you uploaded don't seem to contradict that idea. (I think any LS messages should be prefixed by "LibrarianSync", but I don't see any.)

Do you have Kterm installed -- perhaps you can try manually running the menu.json command.

Just a thought -- you say you have Python installed, but you also say you updated the firmware. Maybe you forgot to reinstall Python after the firmware update?
Can you verify that your Python installation is functional.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #250
ExcaliburRisen

Wow, reinstalling python did the trick. I don't recall having to reinstall python when updating firmware previously. But that solved the issue.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:34 PM   #251
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Well, lesson for the future -- after a firmware upgrade, you must reinstall all hacks that write to the system partition. Recent firmware upgrades (5.3.x and on, introduced partway through the KT's lifecycle) flashes a pristine system image to the device.

The jailbreak contains a bridge for that reason, and of course KUAL extensions reside in the userstore not the system partition...
But anything which required an update_*.bin to install almost certainly needs to be reinstalled.
e.g. the Python hack installs symlinks to the $PATH -- those were wiped out by the update and then the KUAL extension couldn't run the python script without locating a python interpreter...

Last edited by eschwartz; 03-22-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #252
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburRisen View Post
Wow, reinstalling python did the trick. I don't recall having to reinstall python when updating firmware previously. But that solved the issue.
You must not have had a series 5 device, or a very old K5.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:23 AM   #253
DisFanJen
DisFanJen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (7th Gen), Kindle Keyboard 3G & Wifi
Well that was a bit of a fight but I made it!

I just upgraded from a Kindle 3G+WiFi to a PW3 only to find it didn't support Calibre Kindle Collections out of the box anymore.

So I had to downgrade the firmware (which nearly bricked the PW3 as it kept bootlooping then erroring out, but luckily putting the file in the root that tells it to factory restore did the trick).

Upgrade to 5.6.5.

Jailbreak it.

Install a patch so I don't lose the Jailbreak.

Install KUAL and MR Installer.

Upgrade to 5.8.1.

Install Collections Manager.

Find out Collections Manager isn't that great and remove it.

Install Python using MR Installer.

Install LibrarianSync using MRInstaller.

Wonder why LibrarianSync didn't install (head scratching ensued).

Get LibrarianSync from github then drop it into the extensions folder.

Run it, see the collections, do a little jig! (Well, maybe a quiet whoop and a well hidden fistpump).

All that because Amazon changed the collections format.

But alls well that ends well.

Thanks for a great app, totally got me out of a bind. 4000+ books are pain to put into collections manually!
DisFanJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:55 AM   #254
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@DisFanJen: That reminds me that I need to send a PR to properly handle visual feedback on newer devices, thanks .

EDIT: Done .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-09-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #255
marylou13
marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle touch (7th generation)
Reinstalling python did the trick for me too!
I have a jailbroken KT2 running 5.7.8.1. Off to make awesome collections!!!!
Thanks!
marylou13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync