Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Firmware Update

Sony has the following firmware update on the web site:

File Description UPDATE Sony® Reader™ (PRS-T1) System Update Release Date 1/27/2012 Version 1.0.04.12210 File Size 103.79 MB This utility updates the PRS-T1 firmware to version 1.0.04.12210 and provides the following benefits:

Improvements over system software version 1.0.03.11140:
•Resolves an issue where using a very short page flick to turn a page may accidentally select words and start the dictionary lookup

Improvements provided by previous software versions and included in version 1.0.04.12210:
•Improves touch panel functionality
•Improves stability when searching the dictionary
•Improves Internet connectivity
•Improves Digital Rights Management (DRM) contents compatibility
•Resolves an issue where the Reader is unable to download some e-book files

Has anyone installed this update?
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I installed it with no noticeable difference
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
phloxy
Always reading
phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
•Resolves an issue where using a very short page flick to turn a page may accidentally select words and start the dictionary lookup
I just finished installing it. I don't have time to test it right now, but I am hopeful that this issue in particular is resolved. I've had it crop up a few times.
phloxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I installed it over lunch hour and read a few pages. No problems. I, too, have had the issue before and I hope this fixes it. I wonder if any other bugs were fixed?
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
HughA
HughA began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Have just installed it without problem. Hopefully it will fix the issue which occured quite frequently for me. Good to see that Sony seem to be tackling these bugs.
HughA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I just installed the update; will read awhile and hopefully NOT open the dictionary almost every time I turn the page.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Can someone please direct me to the URL address with the update instructions for updating WITHOUT using the Sony Reader Library software?

Thanks!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
shobi
shobi began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...&os_group_id=6

http://info.update.sony.net/DR001/PR...0.04.12210.exe
shobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
And here's the link for the Mac version.
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...=7366&os_id=99
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
_PK_
_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

On the update instructions, point 5 states -

"Please check if the file has been downloaded correctly without any damage.
Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.04.12210.exe file, and then click 'Properties' in the menu.
Click the "digital signature" tab and check if the name of signer shows correctly "Sony Corporation".

My download does not have a digital signature tab (windows 7, 64 bit). The previous firmware version did have this tab. I tried the download twice, and both times it seemed to download properly.

Has anybody else checked to see if the digital signature tab is missing?
_PK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
shobi
shobi began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by _PK_ View Post
On the update instructions, point 5 states -

"Please check if the file has been downloaded correctly without any damage.
Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.04.12210.exe file, and then click 'Properties' in the menu.
Click the "digital signature" tab and check if the name of signer shows correctly "Sony Corporation".

My download does not have a digital signature tab (windows 7, 64 bit). The previous firmware version did have this tab. I tried the download twice, and both times it seemed to download properly.

Has anybody else checked to see if the digital signature tab is missing?
I'm seeing the same thing (win 7, 64bit), digital sig on previous install, none on this one.

I ran the update and it worked fine and my PRS-T1 shows the current firmware version as 1.0.04.12210

Here's the checksums on the file I downloaded from the links I posted above on Sony's page.

File: PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.04.12210.exe

CRC-32: c595e4a0
MD4: b465834a4ec219ee8ef4b6e0c1a377db
MD5: c7d279a54fee81b9638821c898c7aea9
SHA-1: 638fff1ff638237b6f83aa78a8ec13ba6d77d3e4
shobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
_PK_
_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'_PK_ knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks Shobi - After your reply I went ahead with the update and it installed fine.
_PK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #13
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Installed here with no probs. I'm also running Win7, no sign of any digital signature tab with me either.
I never encountered the dictionary bug. Have had the bug involving the book jumping back 50odd pages or to beginning of book. Wonder if this has been fixed, although I do tend to put that down to a format error with the book it happened with?
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I installed it at the T1 that is currently (temporarily) residing here. I felt it improved the sensitivity of the screen, at least for page turning. Prior to the update I could not get the tiny, ever so light, swipes that work so well on the 350 to work on the T1. Now I feel they do.

(And, FWIW, my download did not have a digital signature tab.)

Last edited by Asawi; 01-28-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shobi View Post
Size: 103.78 MB

WTF??
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote