Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
DTFan
DTFan began at the beginning.

Device: Android 2.3 phone
Moon+ Reader Pro Author Names with apostrophes?

I use Calibre to maintain my collection of books and Moon+ to read them on my phone and tablet.

I ran into a problem that I *think* only has one answer. I recently tried importing some new books. The authors name is Carol O'Connell. I can import, edit and read these on my laptop with no problem. However, when I import them into Moon+ they never show up under the Authors name. The authors name is listed but no books are listed. However, if I sort books by Title, they are there (for example, name is "Mallory - 09 - Find Me").

The only thing I can think of is because this authors name has an "'" in it. I don't have any other authors with an apostrophe in the name so I can't test.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is the apostrophe the problem or is something else wrong? I looked through the other authors and all of those books appear to be listed under the authors name. But not for Carol O'Connell.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If I have to change anything via Calibre in order to be able to view in Moon+ without having to swatch my listing preference (by Author not by Title).

Thanks in advance for any help.
DTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
There is another solution - use Calibre Companion to organize your books. I use Moon+ to read and use Calibre Companion to pick what to read. There's now a demo version so you can try it out before you buy. You get all your tags and other data you have in Calibre on your device. The dev is one of Calibre's devs too.

Here's a link to the FAQ on Mobile Read - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188899
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
DTFan
DTFan began at the beginning.

Device: Android 2.3 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
There is another solution - use Calibre Companion to organize your books. I use Moon+ to read and use Calibre Companion to pick what to read. There's now a demo version so you can try it out before you buy. You get all your tags and other data you have in Calibre on your device. The dev is one of Calibre's devs too.

Here's a link to the FAQ on Mobile Read - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188899
Thank you Purple Lady. I will download the trial today and give it a shot. I really hope this fixes the issue.

Thanks again
DTFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apostrophe, author, calibre, moon