Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
suruchi
suruchi began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket reader
possible new ebook owner

Hi all,

This is my first post. My husband told me that he was thinking of giving me a Sony pocket book for Christmas but wanted to tell me first so that I could do some research and be sure it is what I want. I am not a voracious reader and do not have to have access to the most recently published. Here's my question. I want to make use of the free ebooks downloads and I am having trouble getting info on those. Who has the best and most? And are they easy to find and download?

Thanks so much for your help.
suruchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Hello and welcome, suruchi.
Free ebooks are easy to find and download, yes.
One of your best sources is right here, in this forum, in the ebooks section. There you will find mainly public domain books formatted by members of the forum, in any format you might wish.
Also, take a look in the freebies section, there are many sites that offer free ebooks, either public domain or self-published ones, or even offers on commercial titles.
You can start by having a look here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43794
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by suruchi View Post
This is my first post. My husband told me that he was thinking of giving me a Sony pocket book for Christmas but wanted to tell me first so that I could do some research and be sure it is what I want.
Just an FYI... Sony doesn't have a model called the "pocketbook". This thread is for the Poketbook device. Although you've asked a question about ebook d/ls.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Yes, it's sony pocket edition. Pocketbook is another device (and brand) altogether. I guess it's an easy mistake to make for a newbie
Totally wrong section though, true enough.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Tell us where are you from.
In USA there are quite a few libraries that lend books you can read using Sony Reader, PocketBook, or other devices that can handle files protected by Adobe DRM.

Tell us what you would like to read.
If it is older stuff - with Copyright expired, look no further. Scroll to the top of this page and click on E-Books link. Ebooks you find on this site are very often much better proofed and formated than the same Public Domain book from big-name publishers.

There is lots and lots of free stuff you can legally download from the net. A good place to start might be our wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks .

Also check our Deals, Freebies, ... subforum at
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

If you are into SciFi you definitely have to visit Baen Free Library, and look up their Fifth Imperium CD that can be downloaded from the net.

By the way, there is no such reader as "Sony pocket book"
There is:
Sony Reader Pocket Edition (PRS-300) from Sony
and PocketBook 360 from PocketBook company.
See this wiki for more info
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices

I personally would strongly recommend PocketBook 360. I own an older Sony reader and also PocketBook.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Suruchi,

welcome to MR!

If you need an additional info about PocketBook e-readers, please visit www.PocketBookReader.com, or drop me your questions to info@pocketbookreader.com
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote