Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #211
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefa View Post
This is not working for me. Here are the steps I took.
  • go to Preferences\Output Options, then click on Mobi on the left side, replaced the [PDOC] tag in the kindle section with [EBOK].
  • Download Metadata to update cover, ASIN, Series, etc.
  • Re-convert to MOBI
  • Sideload to Kindle via usb
  • Sideload to Android via dropbox
on kindle
  • open book and page forward 3 pages
  • home
  • sync & check for items
on Android in kindle app
  • open book
  • sync to last page

on Android, it says at "you are currently at the furthest read location"

I verified that the metadata has ASIN and EBOK:
EXTH item: 113 - ASIN - 36 - 335f3094-ab66-45dd-8938-367986269d03
EXTH item: 501 - CDEContentType - 4 - EBOK
I don't have a Android phone so don't know, but can you sideload the book through USB. I think the problem is that you are sideloading it via Dropbox. I know with the iPhone it has to be put in a specific folder and this can be done by sideloading through USB on the computer. I use DiskAid for this. Other methods of sideloading put the books in the wrong folder, thus they won't sync.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #212
leefa
leefa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I don't have a Android phone so don't know, but can you sideload the book through USB. I think the problem is that you are sideloading it via Dropbox. I know with the iPhone it has to be put in a specific folder and this can be done by sideloading through USB on the computer. I use DiskAid for this. Other methods of sideloading put the books in the wrong folder, thus they won't sync.

Carol
I tried loading via usb and that didn't work either. maybe I'm not putting it in the correct folder. I tried the kindle folder and the android\data\com.amazon.kindle folders
leefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #213
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
I tried loading via usb and that didn't work either. maybe I'm not putting it in the correct folder. I tried the kindle folder and the android\data\com.amazon.kindle folders
I don't know how the file structure on Android works. On the iPhone the books must be put in the Kindle\Library\eBooks folder. Maybe someone with an Android phone could chime in.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #214
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
kindle folder (on your SD card) is the correct one. Make sure you don't have a file with the same name somewhere else. Best would be to start with a new one as someone suggested.
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #215
maxpower
maxpower began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is there any way to side load books into the kindle cloud reader for chrome and have them sync?
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #216
ken010107
ken010107 began at the beginning.

Device: K2
oh yeah! what maxpower said!
would love to sideload/read from the kindle cloud reader for chrome. (and sync of course)...
ken010107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 3, sideloading, sync "furthest page read", whispernet, whispersync