Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
Wet Coast
Wet Coast began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Original & Wifi
Smile Dropped K2-New One on the Way

I am amazed with Amazon's customer service! My husband dropped the K2 I gave him for Christmas last year. The small chip in the top left corner is now a big gaping hole. I called Amazon tonight and they are sending a replacement, no cost. That's what I call amazing service.
Wet Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
congrats. I have heard good things about Amazon's CS. Fortunantly I have not had a chance to test it out for myself, but now that I own a K3 I probably will at some point have the opportunity to do so.
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
That really is excellent. I have heard so Many good things about kindle support and amazon customer support. I've ordered many things from amazon over the years and have no had any problems.

I've heard that Sony's customer service regarding their readers is very poor.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Just out of curiousity, WetCoast, do you folks buy many books from Amazon? I wonder if they distinguish between active purchasers of their books and those who tend to lean toward the free ones. If they think you might move to another "bookstore" if you had to buy a new/different reader, they might find it pays in the long run to keep you an Amazon customer.

And as I was typing your "name" I had to go back and look - sure enough a northern neighbor - we sometimes refer to this place as northWET washington!
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
A lot better than the Motorola one. When I bought my Razr 3(Moto v3), it came with a problem on the buttons: Some of them wasn't working. So I called them and they said me to send the phone by mail(cost)... As I can see Amazon loves their customers
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
Wet Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Just out of curiousity, WetCoast, do you folks buy many books from Amazon? I wonder if they distinguish between active purchasers of their books and those who tend to lean toward the free ones. If they think you might move to another "bookstore" if you had to buy a new/different reader, they might find it pays in the long run to keep you an Amazon customer.

And as I was typing your "name" I had to go back and look - sure enough a northern neighbor - we sometimes refer to this place as northWET washington!
Hi northWET (and it certainly is right now),

My husband is one of Amazon's best customers, and very proud of that! Though, he buys a wide price range of items, some are free, $1, or up to $12. He finds their book pricing very good, and has several newspaper & magazine subscriptions. I have purchased regular goods on line throughout the years, so yes- I would consider us good customers. I did google the broken K2 before I called Amazon and it seems it is their standard practice to replace a broken Kindle as long as it wasn't dropped higher than shoulder height. I have a Kobo e-reader and I have to say, I think Amazon wins on customer service so far. He spends a lot of time in airports and he is very bonded to his Kindle.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
Wet Coast

Well, the replacement Kindle 2 just arrived, pretty much within 48 hours (including a public holiday).

How's that for service?