Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #1081
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
For the library (and other lists), provide an alphabetic selection down the side (like smartphones do for contacts and music).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #1082
Ethanaul
Ethanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
An interresting feature could be to have an alert when the battery is under XX% of capacity (XX settable by the user), before the kobo automaticaly stops.
Ethanaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #1083
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I'd like to see the highlight/annotate "pop-up menu" draw itself correctly. See the attached photo...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	129873  
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:31 AM   #1084
Pliny
Pliny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Talking True PDF support?

I can not make notes and highlights in the most important file format I use... PDFs. Now I change them into EPUBs (so I can read in open dyslectic) But really.. Its annoying that cheap readers are capable, and this premium one not!

Nightmode would also be wonderful!

And why is the exporting of annotations not a standard function (I added the code myself)

Pliny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:51 AM   #1085
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Provide a "check for updates" separate from sync.

Provide an edit mode in the library that allows you to check multiple items and remove them from the reader.
Advert
Old 11-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #1086
sebastian
Wintersmith
sebastian doesn't littersebastian doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura One
I don't know if that is only a problem on the Aura H2O but the checkboxes in the settings dialogs are almost impossible to hit. I have to touch multiple times until I hit the box. First I thought that the touchscreen is faulty but it works anywhere else. Perhaps making the touch area expand beyond the boundaries of the checkbox would make this easier.
sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #1087
AxaRu
AxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2o, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
For web browser:
1. switch "16 shades of gray <-> b&w"
2. Switch "Disable animation"
3. Full refresh page button

Last edited by AxaRu; 11-02-2014 at 11:14 AM.
AxaRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #1088
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Provide a "check for updates" separate from sync.
I've been using Davidfor's Kobo Utilities with Calibre to check for updates.

Quote:
Provide an edit mode in the library that allows you to check multiple items and remove them from the reader.
And an YES to that suggestion. It's a pain to select/remove when you are doing more than a couple of items.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:51 AM   #1089
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've been using Davidfor's Kobo Utilities with Calibre to check for updates.

Is it reliable? I thought determining updates for a particular device wasn't deterministic?
Old 11-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #1090
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Is it reliable? I thought determining updates for a particular device wasn't deterministic?
Someone tracked down the URL that the device uses to check for an update. When the device does this, it sends some information that comes out of the version and affiliates.conf files on the device. The plugin builds this query and checks the response. So, if syncing the device would get an update, this should also.

The plugin does have an option that uses a different affiliate. The affiliate used was one that seemed to be getting the firmware early. But, that doesn't seem to be the case for the last couple of releases.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:53 AM   #1091
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Installing a new (replacement) device recently, recreating my library and collections (I preferred "shelves", but it's cosmetic, I guess), brought a couple of wishes to mind:

1) Show which collection a book is included in on the Library page
This could be a toggle on/off thing like the Library views themselves. But there doesn't seem to be any way of knowing this info currently; listing the book title doesn't tell what collection(s) the book is in, and listing the collections doesn't tell what books are in each. It's probably only useful when adding new books or configuring a new device, hence the toggle suggestion, but I find adding books and setting up collection to be a very cumbersome process as it currently stands.

2) Give us back the page slider at the bottom of the Library page
Again, this could toggle on/off. The situation will vary from user to user, obviously, but as it stands I find the Library page very hard to negotiate successfully. I always thought I had fairly steady hands - there's no visible tremor in my fingers - but for me swiping is erratic at best. A single vertical swipe produces either no page turn at all, or puzzlingly contradictory ones (forwards on one swipe, backwards on the next, seemingly identical, swipe); horizontal swipes above or below the listing produce nothing, and across the listing as often as not will open the book I swipe over. Last night I resorted to tapping the page number and typing in the next one, but that quickly becomes tedious if your Library is more than a few pages long. I was setting up collections - working through the booklist methodically and creating new collections as necessary, which always took me back to page 1 of the Library, so either an easier way to navigate the pages or an internal bookmark that returns you to the Library page you last left would be really helpful.

Small stuff for many, I'm sure, but I think they would genuinely help in the usability stakes for straightforward users. They'd certainly help me. ;-)
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:52 PM   #1092
Pliny
Pliny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Highlights and, if possible, notes in Pocket!!!
Whats the use of reading articles from the web if you are not able to highlight..
Pliny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:55 AM   #1093
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Please,please make a function for the slider (bottom menu and then press the <-> ) to go to pages and make it possible to type in a number.
As example, I read upstairs on a Glo an epub, ended at page 240, then I go downstairs,open my Aura HD,open the same book and then the problems begin... try to use the slider to go near page 240 is a disaster. (sideloaded epubs)
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #1094
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
A function to see the clock in the foot right or left the pages. An update when a page it's changed.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:44 PM   #1095
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Lock screen option with 4 digit or longer pass word to use reader after power off.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo