Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #16
ctjalsma
ctjalsma began at the beginning.

Device: Aura H2O, iphone 5s, iPad Air 2
Just to close the loop, my H2O arrived today, so 7 days since placing the order. Can't argue with that. But still no shipment email, so I guess they just don't do those.

Unit is in great condition, by the way, and I love the screen, like it better than my (dearly departed) HD.
ctjalsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:17 PM   #17
LovesEBooks
LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Voyage
Ordered mine today around 12:30 PM. I'm hoping to only have a 7 day wait! Thankfully Canada's Thanksgiving was yesterday so I don't think I have any holidays to hold me up!
LovesEBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:59 AM   #18
BuzzB
Enthusiast
BuzzB began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura, Kindle Touch
Update...the Aura arrived over 24 hours ago at a USPS station just 50 miles from where I live. It still sits there.

It took the USPS four days to move the package 750 miles. I wonder how long it will take them to move it the last 50.

And it was shipped Priority Mail International.

It's been 10 days since I ordered. Kobo shipped within 2 days. Canada Post got it into the U.S. in two days. The real problem is with the USPS. Six days and counting for a Priority Mail package to go 800 miles.

Why would a company like Kobo not use an efficient service like UPS or Fedex and rely on the pathetic USPS?

Last edited by BuzzB; 10-18-2014 at 03:42 AM.
BuzzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #19
LovesEBooks
LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!LovesEBooks rocks like Gibraltar!

I called Kobo Thursday hoping to get a tracking number but now I'm really confused. The guy gave me a tracking number for FedEx. It was picked up in Hong Kong and the final delivery address is Memphis TN. Not where I live. Plus the package says it weighs 51 lbs. That's a lot of Kobo in one package. I'm thinking I'll call back this afternoon and see what's up. Normally I wouldn't bother but it's a tight return policy because I'm in the US AND because FedEx has a problem delivering to my P.O. Box even though it is allowed when you use the P.O.s street address.

I try to avoid USPS if I can. Slow delivery times!!
Old 10-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #20
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesEBooks View Post
I called Kobo Thursday hoping to get a tracking number but now I'm really confused. The guy gave me a tracking number for FedEx. It was picked up in Hong Kong and the final delivery address is Memphis TN. Not where I live. Plus the package says it weighs 51 lbs. That's a lot of Kobo in one package. I'm thinking I'll call back this afternoon and see what's up. Normally I wouldn't bother but it's a tight return policy because I'm in the US AND because FedEx has a problem delivering to my P.O. Box even though it is allowed when you use the P.O.s street address.

I try to avoid USPS if I can. Slow delivery times!!
That does seem kind of whacked (especially the 51 lbs -- they must have a lot of packaging to prevent damage ). Sounds like you didn't get a proper tracking number. Having said that, IIRC there has been devices shipped from Hong Kong before when people had ordered a Kobo official case and a device, so it's possible that's where it's coming from.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #21
LovesEBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
That does seem kind of whacked (especially the 51 lbs -- they must have a lot of packaging to prevent damage ). Sounds like you didn't get a proper tracking number. Having said that, IIRC there has been devices shipped from Hong Kong before when people had ordered a Kobo official case and a device, so it's possible that's where it's coming from.
It is whacked. I called Kobo back to verify and they reiterated it was the correct tracking number. I called FedEx and they were like no. It appears that it IS indeed a large shipment of Kobo merchandise to be parceled out here in the states. At this point I have no idea who is really shipping the device but based on other people's experience, I should have it by Wednesday. If it isn't here by Friday I'll do some more digging. As long as it gets here, and is a good working device, I have no problems.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #22
BuzzB
Enthusiast

My device arrived about a half hour ago.

Now I see horizontal shadow lines on the screen. I hope they go away but I have a feeling the late arrival is an omen of things to come.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:16 PM   #23
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesEBooks View Post
It appears that it IS indeed a large shipment of Kobo merchandise to be parceled out here in the states.
Are you sure you didn't accidentally order more than (like maybe 50 or 60?)??
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #24
LovesEBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Are you sure you didn't accidentally order more than (like maybe 50 or 60?)??
If so that will be one heck of a deal! I was only charged for one.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #25
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzB View Post
My device arrived about a half hour ago.

Now I see horizontal shadow lines on the screen. I hope they go away but I have a feeling the late arrival is an omen of things to come.
Oh dear Give the screen a good clean and make sure you capture the problem in pictures in case you need to go back to kobo for a replacement.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #26
BuzzB
Enthusiast

I also had battery drainage problems, no browser, and unable to connect to wifi.

I called customer service and they suggested I let the device charge for a few hours then do a factory reset.

It worked. Everything is now fine.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #27
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzB View Post
I also had battery drainage problems, no browser, and unable to connect to wifi.

I called customer service and they suggested I let the device charge for a few hours then do a factory reset.

It worked. Everything is now fine.
Great news
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #28
LovesEBooks

My Kobo Aura H2O was delivered Saturday to my P.O. Box and it sat there until this morning! I haven't had the best of luck with Kobo in the past but this one came in, great screen, wifi actually works and it appears to be a go. I'm working on getting all of my ebooks on the thing now and that is taking some time. I didn't plan on having it until Wednesday.

I can't wait to actually be able to read on the it!