Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #16
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
I typically only sideload epubs to my Kindle Fire HDX through Dropbox. That way I have sync between my phone and the Fire when reading the same book between the two when using Moon+ Reader.

I have the Go Launcher installed, so I can get a (sorta) native Android feel and switch back to the Kindle Carousel when I'm reading an Amazon bought book or watching a movie/TV Show from Amazon.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #17
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I experimented with dropbox, with mixed results. First, I had to sideload the dropbox app, that is something else which amazon see as a competitor I guess.

Then if I have, say, the free alkido epub reader installed on KF ( as well as the kobo app) I can tap on an epub file in dropbox & it auto downloads ( onto an alkido bookshelf - but I can import into Kobo from there)

but it seems I cannot directly associate the Kobo app with the epub file type. so for now I am leaving this superfluous extra reader installed just to make dropbox work better. If I remove that extra reader then dropbox complains that is does not know how to handle an epub & it takes several more taps to achieve a download :-(

it means that each book will be stored twice but I can live with that for now, for ease of operation. actually I am not sure about the twice think - when you import into Kobo it offers to delete the original file from the "sd card" but whether it can do that to another apps bookshelf needs testing.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote