Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #31
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Update. Now they claim that they will have goods in two days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
On this Czech page they claim that they will have the devices soon. Price is 4199CZK - Czech Crowns, that is about 170Eur.
http://www.ebook-ctecky.cz/pocketboo...622-cerny-p131
Edit: You have to mail them if you want to purchase. They do not seem to have an option to sell abroad. But I guess it will change quickly once they receive the first twenty or so emails from prospective customers ;-)

Last edited by kacir; 03-24-2012 at 04:54 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #32
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Just ordered my 622, selling in Germany starts Monday 25 March via pocketbook.de for 159€
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:28 AM   #33
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Just ordered my 622, selling in Germany starts Monday 25 March via pocketbook.de for 159€
The above address leads to http://www.pocketbook-int.com/de
There is not a trace of PB622 on their shop page.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #34
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
It's there under "Touch", the first device in the line if you choose "Produkte".
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #35
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
It's there under "Touch", the first device in the line if you choose "Produkte".
I see.
And how do I buy it from that page? Sorry, but I do not speak German
Old 03-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #36
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I think you can't, at least I didn't find it. As I've understood it from the German part of this forum they start selling at March 26th. I assume that Troll ordered directly from Forkosigan.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #37
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The GUI looks totally different from that used in the past devices. Is the new one based on Android?
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #38
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
looking forward to your detailed review

@kacir: I am travelling with a slow connection, now you have me on tenterhooks for days on those videos
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #39
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
@kacir: I am travelling with a slow connection, now you have me on tenterhooks for days on those videos
Those videos are under one minute each, some of them 15 seconds.
You can download video, if you write KISS to the youtube address. Like this:
Code:
the address is 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7wGHv-vWmw 
and you edit the url to 
www.KISSyoutube.com/watch?v=e7wGHv-vWmw
You have to have Java installed.

It looks like March the 26th really is the day when PB622 is put on the market.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #40
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I think you can't, at least I didn't find it. As I've understood it from the German part of this forum they start selling at March 26th. I assume that Troll ordered directly from Forkosigan.
Assumption correct
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #41
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
The GUI looks totally different from that used in the past devices. Is the new one based on Android?
No, it is not based on Android. See here for more details
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #42
kacir
Wizard

It seems that the price for PB622 in UK is £144.00 (which is 172Eur according to Google)
http://www.greenreader.co.uk/collect...cketbook-touch
Available for pre-orders. Delivery starts March 30.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #43
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
When this device will be available for the US market? it look like it would have all the dream features for ereaders!
Quote:
It seems that the price for PB622 in UK is £144.00 (which is 172Eur according to Google)
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #44
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
It look like it would have all the dream features for ereaders!
Yes, to me it looks like it has all the features user can desire.
Except perhaps for:
  • physical page-turning buttons on side (like Kindle has),
  • plastic lid for screen that would clip to the back (like PB360 and PB360+ has) and
  • sane mechanism for attaching cover, so you could avoid having cover with *UGLY* and highly impractical bands holding the device in. (that no reader to date has, except for Sony PRS-500, and partially Kindle). First prototypes of PocketBook 602 had small magnetic attachment points visible in four corners at the back side of device.

Disclaimer: I am not PocketBook representative, nor do I sell their devices. So the following is pure speculation and it has fair chance of being totally wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
When this device will be available for the US market?
When previous PB models were introduced they had significantly lower price in USA. This fact caused LOTS of heated criticism as being unfair to us - Europeans and especially to their "native" market - Ukraine and Russian Federation. Some people felt that non-USA customers were sponsoring PB models sold in USA, so that PB could remain competitive with Amazon. The situation was further aggravated by the fact that USA based resellers are strictly forbidden to sell to Europe and Ukraine and Russia and other regions where PocketBook has distributors [with higher prices]. I myself was complaining when I found out that PocketBook 360 PLUS was selling for *much* lower price in USA than its OLDER model PocketBook 360 was sold for here in EU. (if I remember correctly, it was something like 140USD for new model versus 250Eur for older model here) My complaints were also fuelled by fact that at that time PocketBook 360 PLUS wasn't available here at all. Possibly because they wanted to sell their remaining stock of older models.

So PocketBook might have decided to solve the situation by not selling to USA, instead of lowering prices here ;-)

Please notice, this is pure speculation.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #45
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
kacir, I've exhausted all my karma, but really do not know how to thank you: I had checked the greenreader site a couple of days ago, and they did not even have the PB30+ for sale.

Can't downlaod the video with a kiss, either, lookslike it takes too long between my giving permission to the program to run and the thing actually running, but I should be able to fix that tomorrow - but just one question: you say that the touch has a cover "a la 360", which came as a total surprise to me as it was not in any of the videos I had seen: is this totally sure? I can't bring myself to buy a third reader for myself, but I think my husband would prefer it to a 9", especially if it has a rigid cover like the 360.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote