Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 05:44 AM   #46
fani
fani began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I've had mine since July '08 and I have no complains! :-)
fani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #47
Fanfan
Fanfan began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen Gen3/Orizon
I got mine in august 2008 and it is my every day reading device. It has been working like a charm ever since and the last count of my ebooks is 600... Can't believe I read so many books in 3 years without any major problem
Fanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #48
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
A couple of years, now. It's my second the original went back due to an unresolved issue and they replaced it with an upgrade.
Generally a good buy for me, it does what I want.
Not too happy with the latest firmware, I get way more freezes at start up than I ever had with the original firmware.
But it remains a 'best buy' for me; whilst my PB remains a 'best win' ....
Still going strong - mobi firmware - I have to reset every 3-4 months, otherwise it is the reader for me
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #49
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
I lost track; guessing about 3-4 years.

The only problems are occasional failed startup requiring reset and some more complex PDF content caused it to crash. My screen right now is same as new. I didn't abuse the device. Moreover I am not aware of any other device that is as frugal on power consumption. I never worry about battery.

Regardless of new formats, there will always be plenty of simpler TXT and Mobi files to feed it. Right now I use Instapaper and simply grab printable web page into a TXT file. I don't plan on selling mine ever.
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote