Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #46
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
*gulp* Four hundred? Four THOUSAND?!?!

Makes my 70 unread books look downright puny.
Yep.

It looks like my 450 will keep me going until well into 2012.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #47
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
TBR to big and growing

I have 3000 books loaded into Calibre of which 900 are on my Kindle still to be read. Once I have read a book, I remove it from the Kindle. I still have over 1500 books that are not on the Kindle.

In other words, if I never acquire another book, it will take me just short of forever to get thru my TBR list. This is the grand scheme of things is not a bad thing in my mind.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #48
.rob.
gatherer of werdz
.rob. began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook
Seriously, I look at it all this way:

-One ebook 'weighs' about a meg, right? My phone can conceivably hold about a thousand.. Storage means nothing anymore; where my Physical book shelves are filled to overflowing onto the floor,,, the desk,,, the garage,,,

-If I'm stranded far from my home for a period of time, will I really feel like reading just one specific book? What if I see something that whispers to me that I really want to hear a passage from Dostoyevski? or Homer? or (*gasp*) Rick Riordan?

-If it's possible, and cheap (free if you find it) why not?

--I'm just saying...

--->and besides, embrace it while you've got it, because come 2012, the magnetic poles are going to shift, and all these little tecno-baubles won't work anymore. (...at least, that's what I've read...)

:j

Last edited by .rob.; 04-08-2010 at 03:42 PM.
.rob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #49
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
If it is crazy and such a waste, why are you even reading ebooks then?
I can see where finances limit things, but to call it crazy and a waste? Ouch...
If you keep buying & stockpiling books, but never get to read them because you have too many to get to what would you call it?

I'm not wasting money, since I have actually READ all the books that I have purchased. I will never let my TBR pile get so huge, that the likelyhood of my never getting to read all the books purchased exists.

I know that it's hard to pass up a good sale, but no doubt that sale will come around again.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote