Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
The Prodigal Returns

So, here's my journey:
  • Sony 500
    Sony 505
    Kindle 1
    Kindle 2
    PocketBook 360
    Sony 900
    Kindle 2

All sold excepting the last Kindle 2, which I got just yesterday.

So, obviously something slightly loose in my brain going through all these readers. Some were upgrades, some were just for the experience. In the end I wanted reader that I could load articles onto, and take clippings to a text file, so that I could "condense an article into a few key passages" and then add my own throughts around them.

Well The 500 and the 505 couldn't take clippings. The 900 could not transfer them into a text or Word file. The K2 is an upgrade of the K1. The 360 was really good and could clip and had folders. The 5 inch screen was fine. Thought the buttons were a bit stiff, but some excellent software. But, the K2 screen is bigger (360 was only 5 inches).

The 900 was the biggest disappointment. The screen was such a glare. For me it was difficult to see. I had it three days and took it back. Thanks Best Buy, no questions asked and a full refund. (I am from the UK and this sort of return I think we would have difficulties with - but not in the USA - I am a fan).

So, I am eagerly awaiting folders for the Kindle and I have a perfect device.... well until we get a touchscreen that does not have the glare of the Sony's. Perhaps the Boox 60..... aaah, time for another pill....

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
well welcome back!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Haha, you sure do "travel" around.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote