Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #31
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I tried nrapallo's suggestion of printing the original pdf to another pdf with CutePDF then ran the new pdf through PDFRead and it seems to have worked.

I'll delete this once you've had a chance to download it erickson77. Please post when you get it.

Edit: File gone bye-bye!

Last edited by daffy4u; 04-14-2009 at 11:30 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #32
erickson77
erickson77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Got it! Thanks for your help--it makes sense that the problem was on my end with the pdf. The one you ran looks great on the kindle.

Last edited by erickson77; 04-14-2009 at 11:31 PM.
erickson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 02:59 AM   #33
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Wow erickson77, those images looks like the government got to your file and blocked out everything they considered top secret information.

As nrapallo says, there is something wacky going on with your pdf. It's encrypted. When I tried to open it, I saw this lovely little pop-up.
Somebody used a commercial program to decrypt a PDF?
Use Ghostscript next time - much nicer. (Doesn't work with Adobe Digital Editions PDFs though.)
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #34
erickson77

blank pages

Ok, I'm making progress!

Next question: why do blank pages appear on my K2 between the document pages when I use landscape-half? Nothing from the document seems to be missing--it just inserts occasional blank pages. I'm attaching the settings I am using.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-04-16-094821.png
Views:	573
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	27628  

Last edited by erickson77; 04-15-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #35
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickson77 View Post
Ok, I'm making progress!

Next question: why do blank pages appear on my K2 between the document pages when I use landscape-half? Nothing from the document seems to be missing--it just inserts occasional blank pages. I'm using these settings: Profile: prc-mobi, Layout: landscape-half, Resolution: 600x800. Ideas?
Try using a resolution 520x622 instead. It was recently found to be the max. screen size of the K2. Those blanks pages may be caused by using the K1 max. screen size or an aspect ratio different than the K2's i.e. 520/622.

If you use 600x717 it may work as it is in the same aspect ratio i.e. 600/717 = 0.836 = 520/622. But, I'm just guessing though as I don't own a K2.

Please confirm if this does or doesn't work.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #36
erickson77

Neither of those worked for me--still blank pages, maybe more than before. I think the resolution might be the problem, though. I'll keep tweaking it and see if they disappear. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #37
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickson77 View Post
Neither of those worked for me--still blank pages, maybe more than before. I think the resolution might be the problem, though. I'll keep tweaking it and see if they disappear. Thanks!
In another thread a solution was to not use the .prc created by PDFRead, but instead create the .prc using Mobipocket Creator from the .opf left behind with the images. (Make sure to use the empty 'debug' file trick.)

Even MobiPerl's html2mobi may fail to create a .prc ebook from that .html with no blank pages within.

Worth a try if all else fails!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #38
anthonymoody
anthonymoody began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi All,

Please let me apologize in advance for this, particularly as you've been working to create a fix that would help me. Long story short - I need to ask everyone to remove the posts (or just the attachments if you can do that) wherein you attached script pages from "One Four Seven Greenwich" or the entire script as PDF or other file format like PRC.

The writer of the script has made this request, and since I am no longer working with him on this particular project it's not my decision to make.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks again.

Best,
Anthony
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #39
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
The writer of the script has made this request, and since I am no longer working with him on this particular project it's not my decision to make.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks again.

Best,
Anthony
Done, my attachments were removed to honour this request by the writer!

Tags
kindle 2 pdf, kindle conversion, kindle pdf conversion, pdf conversion, pdfread 1.8