Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
Eleluku
Eleluku began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
prs t1 half screen frozen

Hi all
I just plugged in my reader to charge today and the second I did that half of the screen froze.
I can still click and the frozen parts react to touch.
the only part reacting is the top right corner... Is the screen broken?
because this can't really happen only because I plugged it in...
Any ideas ?
thanks in advance!
Flo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130324_231321.jpg
Views:	1834
Size:	592.9 KB
ID:	103393  
Eleluku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Did you try a soft reset? (paperclip) also give your screen a clean with some glass cleaner.. and use a q-tip to clean around the inside edges.. good luck
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
That does indeed look like a broken screen, or at least a faulty controller for the screen. Is it still under warranty by chance?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote