Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2016, 08:40 AM   #1621
GreatSyxsuke
Enthusiast
GreatSyxsuke doesn't litterGreatSyxsuke doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2
For whatever reason, in trying to update from v2.6 to v2.7, I installed the booklet to my KT2. Now there are two KUAL listings in my reader. Is there a way to remove the booklet? I ran the uninstall.bin and the booklet no longer works but it's still listed in my library. I don't mind using the booklet, I just like the cover of the Launcher .azw better than the generic one.
GreatSyxsuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:22 AM   #1622
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Delete the KUAL.kual document from your "documents" folder.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #1623
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSyxsuke View Post
- - - - -
I don't mind using the booklet, I just like the cover of the Launcher .azw better than the generic one.
Do not be surprised if the old one stops working for you.
Amazon has dropped support for it in the KOA and the KT3 - the KT2 might be on their 'hit list'.
You might be better off using the booklet version (and learn to like its cover ).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #1624
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, all we know for sure is it has been dropped from hardware models that never had it at any point.

It would be another thing entirely to drop support in an update to a hardware model that previously had support.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:00 PM   #1625
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Well, all we know for sure is it has been dropped from hardware models that never had it at any point.

It would be another thing entirely to drop support in an update to a hardware model that previously had support.
My own KT2 remains disassembled, so I don't know if the store ever sold "Active Content" for it.

But your comment is true -
So far, Amazon has not "pulled the plug" on anything for which they sell (or sold) "Active Content".

- - - - - -
Not only is my KT2 and NiLuJe's PW3 still apart -
I have started getting e-mails from Amazon about why I haven't finished registration of my KT3.
I am certainly falling behind.

Last edited by knc1; 09-04-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Advert
Old 09-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #1626
GreatSyxsuke
Enthusiast
GreatSyxsuke doesn't litterGreatSyxsuke doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Do not be surprised if the old one stops working for you.
Amazon has dropped support for it in the KOA and the KT3 - the KT2 might be on their 'hit list'.
You might be better off using the booklet version (and learn to like its cover ).
I very well might just do that. I know I'm being petty about the cover

Thank you to all who answered me as well.
GreatSyxsuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #1627
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSyxsuke View Post
I very well might just do that. I know I'm being petty about the cover

Thank you to all who answered me as well.
The booklet version now is in its first version.
A version that was done in a rush to support the KT3 and KOA.

Which means that it may get additional refinements as time allows.

The source code is in a public repository, you are welcome to clone, fix cover to liking, and issue a pull request for your changes.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #1628
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Is there an option to do something like this? (the grey buttons):
http://imgur.com/a/1zDlN

It would be nice if so!
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:23 AM   #1629
knc1
Going Viral

Using a button space for comments?

I don't recall there being an option for button background control.
Nor any other provision for putting comments in-line (using a button space for a comment).

If you are thinking of playing with KUAL -
I would suggest the new booklet version, it is the way the world (of Kindles) is headed.
The one catch is finding a set of the 5.1.2 jars that the booklet is built against and NiLuJe is not around to ask.
I think there was a post here, somewhere (maybe this thread) about that.
Or maybe he made a comment on that in his repository.

Note:
The Kindle's main page is also a Booklet - if the main page can do it, so can the Booklet version of KUAL.

Last edited by knc1; 09-30-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:51 AM   #1630
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Yes, I think it might be nice to have some key information in the KUAL launcher for my/some apps

I might look at KUAL and see how hard it would be to add something like:
"highlight": true
Or take away the border of the button, so it doesn't appear pressable.
(Not a problem since I just set action to none, and it does nothing)
Old 09-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #1631
knc1
Going Viral

It should make an error entry in the log file.
"action" : "true"
should execute /bin/true
At least I think the path is a usual setting within the KUAL execution environment.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:49 PM   #1632
zxczxc
Addict

Ah, specifically I just set it to: "action": ""
But I guess I could just remove the value all together.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:13 PM   #1633
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
Ah, specifically I just set it to: "action": ""
But I guess I could just remove the value all together.
I don't recall what the parser will do with missing keys, maybe nothing since so many of them are optional.

For some cases, it will flag the button.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:16 AM   #1634
hamsandwich
hamsandwich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Error on laucnh

I'm getting "The selected application cannot be started. Please try again" and I have waited 20 minutes. I reinstalled MKK too. What's the deal?
hamsandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:26 AM   #1635
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsandwich View Post
I'm getting "The selected application cannot be started. Please try again" and I have waited 20 minutes. I reinstalled MKK too. What's the deal?
Depends on the full context of the problem.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified