Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #1591
vgreader
Connoisseur
vgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmos

Device: voyage
I followed the "KOA and KT3" directions using the update_*.bin file from the KUAL archive.
I deleted azw2 file and put .bin in mrpackages and after ejecting I used ;log mrpi command. is azw2 file needed at the same time with update.bin?

however I tried azw2 and .bin together: .fuse and 3 logs!
Attached Files
File Type: rar 4 files log and fuse.rar (78.9 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by vgreader; 08-12-2016 at 10:01 AM.
vgreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #1592
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgreader View Post
I followed the "KOA and KT3" directions using the update_*.bin file from the KUAL archive.
I deleted azw2 file and put .bin in mrpackages and after ejecting I used ;log mrpi command. is azw2 file needed at the same time with update.bin?

however I tried azw2 and .bin together: .fuse and 3 logs!
Ans: not required but should not hurt anything.

- - - -

Super!

I got the attachment.
It will take me some time to read it all (plus, I need some breakfast).
Plus, I need to invent a script for you to install that will enable more of the built-in debugging commands.

• Put Kindle on charger.
  • Put the Kindle back on-line while waiting for me (or someone else - I have requested some helpers).
  • Leave it on-line so it can finish updating the special offers and reading suggestions.
    If it looks like it went to sleep (shows a screen saver) that should be alright - it will still keep working behind the scenes.

Last edited by knc1; 08-12-2016 at 10:21 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #1593
vgreader
Connoisseur
vgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmos

As I mentioned before special offers are disabled. By the way how are they related to my problem with Kual?!

If all this problems comes from 5.8.2 then I would prefer downgrading to the last FW which has had KUAL runnig smoothly.
Or may be all issues come from DO FACTORY RESTORE after problematic JB?
Long story short as I have limited knowlege on computers lets pick the way that fits me best, tried and true. Now what is your suggestion?
Ps: I connected to wifi and it began downloading dictionary.

Last edited by vgreader; 08-12-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:52 AM   #1594
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You device does not know that special offers are disabled, it is still trying to download them.

We would like to troubleshoot and fix this problem.
It would be nice if you would help us in exchange for all of the time and help you have received.

- - - -

You can't simple downgrade from 5.8.2 to 5.8.1

You have to start over with the whole process.
But that you have had practice with now.

In step #7 install this Amazon firmware:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...yage_5.8.1.bin

There have not been any trouble reports about 5.8.1

Keep it in airplane mode until you add the update blocking directory name to the top of visible USB storage as described in step #7.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #1595
vgreader
Connoisseur

If I knew 5.8.2 and kual dont like each other I would have installed simply 5.8.1.
I think now that such an issue is detected it is better for everyone to ignore marginal possible advantages of 5.8.2.
And by the way this is known as a result of my time and yours��
Advert
Old 08-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #1596
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
If I knew 5.8.2 and kual dont like each other I would have installed simply 5.8.1.
I think now that such an issue is detected it is better for everyone to ignore marginal possible advantages of 5.8.2.
And by the way this is known as a result of my time and yours��
Well, that is certainly your choice to make if that is the way you want it.

And, it is my choice not to waste any more of my time on someone not willing to give help to the community in return for the help they have received.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #1597
vgreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Well, that is certainly your choice to make if that is the way you want it.

And, it is my choice not to waste any more of my time on someone not willing to give help to the community in return for the help they have received.
Of course I am willing to help but when I had my first try with JB failed I thought I would never be able to read my lovely kindle again. I am sure you know the feeling. I thank you all for your precious time and effort and If there was not the fear of unexplored and limited knowledge of the subject I would have willingly done the voyage to the unknown. I have learnt many valuable things here from you and other friends. I hope you can forgive me if I was disturbing or too much time consuming. I am in the middle of the way so I need all the help.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:32 PM   #1598
vgreader
Connoisseur

finally installed kual.
how?
from FW 5.8.2 did a DO FACTORY RESTORE. Then followed JB process step to step until step 7. Without upgrading FW, put azw2 file of KUAL into documents folder. But I got the message "The selected application cannot be started. Please try again later". Tried later and ven reboot but you can guess. Then I installed MRPI then put KUAL UPDATE*_.bin in the mrpack. folder then ;log mrpi.
another KUAL appeared in library and worked.
Now I have two KUALs one working the other not working.
Special thanks to knc1, eschwartz, geekmaster, Nilju and thanks everybody contributing, caring, helping and putting time and effort in this community.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #1599
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
finally installed kual.
how?
from FW 5.8.2 did a DO FACTORY RESTORE. Then followed JB process step to step until step 7. Without upgrading FW, put azw2 file of KUAL into documents folder. But I got the message "The selected application cannot be started. Please try again later". Tried later and ven reboot but you can guess. Then I installed MRPI then put KUAL UPDATE*_.bin in the mrpack. folder then ;log mrpi.
Special thanks to knc1, eschwartz, geekmaster, Nilju and thanks everybody contributing, caring, helping and putting time and effort in this community.
Thank you for inspiring me to start a thread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #1600
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
finally installed kual.
how?
We still don't know why the azw2 didn't work...
It is sometimes known to crash when first used, but "trying again later" works.
Alternatively, the "not authorized as a test Kindle" message implies something worrying about the initial jailbreak installation.

So you used the Booklet instead. That works as well, you will just have to be careful since it needs to be reinstalled if you ever do a firmware update.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:11 AM   #1601
elbarto0
Member Retired
elbarto0 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2 2013
hi need help

i jailbreak me kindle paper white 2 then i installed the kual and kual helper
also kual-mrinstaller-1.6.N.

now i see a new book call kindle launcher if i lounch this i find a kual were i can only sort
also a helper+ button if i click on it i can click install mr package. but it give me the message no mr package found

is all installed correctly ??? so now i can put in some extensions ???
elbarto0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:32 AM   #1602
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbarto0 View Post
hi need help

i jailbreak me kindle paper white 2 then i installed the kual and kual helper
also kual-mrinstaller-1.6.N.

now i see a new book call kindle launcher if i lounch this i find a kual were i can only sort
also a helper+ button if i click on it i can click install mr package. but it give me the message no mr package found

is all installed correctly ??? so now i can put in some extensions ???
We can not tell just exactly what you did from your post.

Please give us a link to the directions you followed.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:39 AM   #1603
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Amazon menu not visible in KUAL booklet version?

I hadn't noticed this till now - on my KT3(W). FW:5.8.0.
Only means I can't quit KUAL by touching the home button. Have to do it by the separate quit button in the KUAL menu list.
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:59 AM   #1604
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Quote:
Of course I am willing to help but when I had my first try with JB failed I thought I would never be able to read my lovely kindle again. I am sure you know the feeling. I thank you all for your precious time and effort and If there was not the fear of unexplored and limited knowledge of the subject I would have willingly done the voyage to the unknown. I have learnt many valuable things here from you and other friends. I hope you can forgive me if I was disturbing or too much time consuming. I am in the middle of the way so I need all the help.
vgreader, i know that feeling. 3 years back, my brand new pw1 froze after i entered /etc through explorer. I thought that was it. I had bricked it. NiLuJe then told me of the the long power button press to restart the kindle. And that feeling - of being saved, is also great.

This community has helped countless such users, with many issues - simple(like mine above), difficult, complicated, hairy.. In your case, it was certainly a lengthy exercise.

You can't equate your time spent with that of the people who helped you here. I think it was a careless reply that you made. A simple response to help in whatever way you could, in the future would've been nicer, and better.

OK.. end of lecture. Back to our kindles..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #1605
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
I hadn't noticed this till now - on my KT3(W). FW:5.8.0.
Only means I can't quit KUAL by touching the home button. Have to do it by the separate quit button in the KUAL menu list.
Disclaimer:
I do not have your model/firmware version to confirm the following:

But (and this is the new 'Booklet' version we are writing about) --
I am pretty sure that the 'home' button only backgrounds the window.
OR
I might be thinking of the 'back' button.

The menu 'quit' button does exactly that, quits.

Note 1: The main window is also a booklet, so expect the same things from the KUAL booklet.

Note 2: The older, active content document version of KUAL had some really squirrelly behavior - a lot 'fixed' (well, worked around) by coding it to commit suicide. really.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified