Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #1576
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
People coming from off-site abstracts of the full directions will always have questions that are already answered.

And those who don't have time to read the directions themselves....

I suppose I could number "Usage" as step #8, so people don't have to ask if it comes before or after step #7.
I fact, I think I will.

Edit:
Done.
Now people can read that "Upgrade" comes before "Make use of it".

Last edited by knc1; 08-02-2016 at 02:28 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #1577
fennectech
Connoisseur
fennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Clara E2, Kindle 4 Keyboard 3G
KUAL Kindlet Crashes

Okay so i found a cheap K4 at the bargen barn and decided to pick it up ive got the thing jailbroken and KUAL installed but it crashes on launch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[8/11/16 11:54 PM] KUAL (v. 2.7)

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.swing.JButton
at ixtab.jailbreak.SuicidalKindlet.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.KualKindlet.<i nit>(KualKindlet.java:46)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.kb.zdb(tpb:275)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.kb.KU(tpb:439)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.lifecycle.o.cal l(psb:412)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Fut ureTask.run(fw:491)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor.IX(qr:959)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(qr:803)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:989)
at java.lang.Thread.startup(Thread.java:1066)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.swing.JButton
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.ui.UIAdapter.c reateInstance(UIAdapter.java:35)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.ui.UIAdapter.< clinit>(UIAdapter.java:28)
at java.lang.Class.runStaticInitializers(Compiled Method)(Class.java:1604)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.KualKindlet.ge tUI(KualKindlet.java:269)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.KualKindlet.<i nit>(KualKindlet.java:152)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor.IX(qr:959)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(qr:803)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[8/11/16 11:54 PM] KUAL (v. 2.7)

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.ui.UIAdapter
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.ui.UIAdapter
at java.lang.Class.runStaticInitializers(Compiled Method)(Class.java:1578)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.KualKindlet.<i nit>(KualKindlet.java:152)

[8/12/16 12:02 AM] KUAL (v. 2.7)

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.swing.JButton
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.swing.JButton
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.ui.UIAdapter.c reateInstance(UIAdapter.java:35)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.ui.UIAdapter.< clinit>(UIAdapter.java:28)
at java.lang.Class.runStaticInitializers(Compiled Method)(Class.java:1604)
fennectech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2016, 09:13 PM   #1578
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Which jailbreak thread did you use?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:35 PM   #1579
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And which KUAL did you use?

That looks like the touchscreen version rather than the keyboard version (the K4 uses the 'keyboard' version - different Java version).

You are the first to report a problem on the K4 in three years, so re-check your work.
The problem is most likely between keyboard and chair.
Start by reading the enclosed README file (again).

Last edited by knc1; 08-11-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:20 PM   #1580
vgreader
Connoisseur
vgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmos

Device: voyage
kual in FW 5.8.2 on KV

I have done JB on my KV finally. Folders extentions and mrpackages are visible in my kindle. JB ststus was tested with dummy installer and it was ok. Amazon update done manually to FW version 5.8.2.
Then via putting KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 into documents I saw KUAL in library.
While trying to launsh KUAL I got this message:
"This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item".
Then I deleted KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 from documents folder and tried KOA method. In other words I put Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_install.bin into mrpack. folder and with :log mrpi tried to install KUAL. Nothing happens!
vgreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2016, 11:26 PM   #1581
knc1
Going Viral

On main page, touch the search icon -
Enter:
;log mrpi
the semi-colon is part of the command

This problem may be specific to 5.8.2 on the KV.
But there haven't been any other such reports (yet).

If it turns out to be 5.8.2, then we will have to walk you through installing 5.8.1 (which is known to work).

Last edited by knc1; 08-11-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:58 PM   #1582
vgreader
Connoisseur
vgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
On main page, touch the search icon -
Enter:
;log mrpi
the semi-colon is part of the command

This problem may be specific to 5.8.2 on the KV.
But there haven't been any other such reports (yet).

If it turns out to be 5.8.2, then we will have to walk you through installing 5.8.1 (which is known to work).
yes I know and use ;log mrpi
and even tried reinstalling or uninstalling MKK. No results.
Update your kindle is gray.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:02 AM   #1583
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgreader View Post
yes I know and use ;log mrpi
and even tried reinstalling or uninstalling MKK. No results.
Update your kindle is gray.
Update your kindle being gray is normal for firmware versions: 5.6, 5.7, 5.8

Do not uninstall MKK.

What is the first six characters of your device serial number?

And attach a copy of the system log files to your next post please.

Search bar, enter:
;dm
(semi-colon dump messages)

The log files will appear as 'books' in /documents
Old 08-12-2016, 12:05 AM   #1584
fennectech
Connoisseur
fennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Clara E2, Kindle 4 Keyboard 3G
K4 fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And which KUAL did you use?

That looks like the touchscreen version rather than the keyboard version (the K4 uses the 'keyboard' version - different Java version).

You are the first to report a problem on the K4 in three years, so re-check your work.
The problem is most likely between keyboard and chair.
Start by reading the enclosed README file (again).

Update_mkk-20141129-k4-ALL_install.bin this one

and this thread for the jailbreaking
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle4NTHacking
fennectech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:22 AM   #1585
vgreader
Connoisseur

I was not able to and did not uninstall mkk.
SN first six: 9013 0907
Attached Files
File Type: rar log.rar (12.7 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by vgreader; 08-12-2016 at 04:28 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:06 AM   #1586
knc1
Going Viral

That is only one of the log files.
Please attach ALL of the log files.

Use the 'advanced editor' ("go advanced")
Scroll down, past the text box
Find the 'manage attachments' button under the 'additional options' bar.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:27 AM   #1587
vgreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
I was not able to and did not uninstall mkk.
SN first six: 9013 0907
log.rar contains 3 log files now.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #1588
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
log.rar contains 3 log files now.
I can see:

The firmware is crashing several times a minute internally while trying to download the store suggestions and/or special offers.

Is this a "Special Offers" (that is: an ad supported) device?

I can not see:

Where you tried to run KUAL.

= = = = =

My next request:
Follow carefully, in the order given:
  • Put the device in "airplane" mode.
    That should stop the attempts to download things from Amazon and those repeated crashes.
  • Delete the three log files now on your Kindle.
  • Try to run KUAL
    The one from the update_*.bin file that you now have on your Kindle.
  • Create new log files with the command:
    ;dm
  • Make a new archive with a new name of the three (3) new log files.
  • Attach the new log file archive (or post it somewhere).

Last edited by knc1; 08-12-2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #1589
vgreader
Connoisseur

Yes this is an ad supported version that for JBing I disabled ad. Now there is no kual on the device because I deleted azw2 file.

I did as you said.
update*_.bin is untouched there, where it was before!
Attached Files
File Type: rar new log.rar (51.3 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by vgreader; 08-12-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #1590
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Yes this is an ad supported version that for JBing I disabled ad. Now there is no kual on the device because I deleted azw2 file.
So put it back on.

Follow the "KOA and KT3" directions using the update_*.bin file from the KUAL archive.

It must be on there for us to find the problem with KUAL.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified