Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Page numbers

In all the time that I have had my kindle I have never encountered a ebook that had page numbers in it, instead I have had to suffice with that percentage on the bottom of the screen and perform a simple calculation to determine where I am in the book. I recently picked up an ebook version of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series that had, to my surprise, the page numbers at the bottom of the screen. So my question is this:

What sorts of books have the page numbers in them?

They appear to be the better known authors.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
On Amazon you'll find: Lenght: xxx pages (Contains real page numbers) right under the pricing. The ISBN for the paper book the numbers are taken from will be listed in the Product Details.

If you use calibre to transfer your books, you can choose to have estimated page numbers for all of them.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
In all the time that I have had my kindle I have never encountered a ebook that had page numbers in it, instead I have had to suffice with that percentage on the bottom of the screen and perform a simple calculation to determine where I am in the book. I recently picked up an ebook version of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series that had, to my surprise, the page numbers at the bottom of the screen. So my question is this:

What sorts of books have the page numbers in them?

They appear to be the better known authors.
It is up to the author/publisher to include the necessary information for page numbers. Unfortunately many of them don't do this.