Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
cjgait
cjgait began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello from Northern Virginia, USA

Hi!

I've messed about over the years with reading things on PDAs over the years, but just got totally hooked on the Kindle. Now I'm looking for lots of free or cheap stuff to jam onto the unit to read (even though I don't have time for what I've found or bought already).

The Kindle is a glance at the future, even if it's a glance through something that looks like a 1970s washing machine programmed by a mainframe console designer. But it's still closer to what I've dreamed of owning for years.
cjgait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead.

There are a bunch of us at MobileRead from the DC area -- Nate and I are both in Northern Virginia.

We have a lot of free downloads in Mobi/PRC format in the E-Books download section. Nate, as I remember, has already tested the loading and was happy with the results. (How happy, he sold his Sony just a few days after he received the Kindle.)

Enjoy your reading!
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum.

I'm in Northern VA also. Do you know of any place in the DC area that has a Kindle on display or for sale? Would love to get my hands on one.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote