Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
ValH
ValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS 505, PRS-650
love my Sony prs-650

Hi everyone
I have been a lurker here for quite some time. Lurker is such a strange word to use, lets say admirer from a far
I have had the Sony 505 for a couple of years now and have wanted to upgrade. I took advantage of the B&H deal for the 650. Great deal by the way at $169.99. Love the touchscreen, the text is very clear and having a dictionary is great.
I have saved so much money being able to loan ebooks from the library, I am in CA so I have numerous choices of public libraries I can use.
Just wanted to thank everyone here for all the great advice and information about e-readers. I have learned so much!
I will try to come out of the shadows more often.

Val
ValH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Great post, Val!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Lucky One !
Great discount for 650 and big choice of libraries.

I love my 650 although it was somewhat more expensive.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
icewyche
Dark Queen of Bibliomanes
icewyche has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Lucky One !

I love my 650 although it was somewhat more expensive.
Mine too. Curse my early-adopterness!
icewyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I paid full price right away, too; but, that kind of a drop so fast really couldn't have been expected
I don't think?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I paid full price right away, too; but, that kind of a drop so fast really couldn't have been expected
I don't think?
Totally agree.
Normally it took some time. Even special events normally didn't see such a drop
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:53 AM   #7
ValH
ValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheeseValH can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS 505, PRS-650
You never know with pricing. I was very surprised to see the price come down so much so soon. It's great to see the prices becoming reasonable, the more people that can afford e-readers, the better for all of us.
ValH is offline   Reply With Quote