Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Sony reader software for desktop -- Greedy?

I have the Sony reader software installed, but I do not want it to be the default program to open epub on double-click. (I have set Sigil for that, in the Windows Explorer "tools>folder options")

However, if I open the Sony software, and open up an ebook, it immediately changes the OS setting and takes over as the default program for epub. So I have to go back into the tools option, and change it back again. Every. Single. Time.

I am reminded of the bad old days when Real player was so aggressive about opening every multimedia file-type.

Is there any way to get Sony to quit trampling on my settings?
I love my Sony reader, but the desktop software is ruffling my feathers!
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
2 things check your Preferences on the PC reader make sure the check box for check for epub association is unchecked ... if this is checked pc reader will re-install itself as the default every time you run it...also as a work-around when you want to open an epub right-click on it and use the "open with" option on your context menu
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I think I had unselected the associations when I installed, but will double-check to change it if not.

I must be having senior moments, I did not think to verify that. Thanks for the assist!
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote