Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
PBank
PBank began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
adding a password protected pdf.

Is there a way to do this? I purchased a book (an independent seller - it is a photography book) and it came as a pdf with a password to open it - when I try to put it on my Kobo Touch using Calibre it shows that it has transferred but it is not there.
PBank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Something to look at here.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
PBank

I need to remove the user/open password - looks like any tool to do this costs more than the book. Frustrating.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
There's lots of free tools to remove the password completely, unfortunately the rules of this forum means I can't tell you how to.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
PBank

I have the password, so it is just an instance of buying a book I thought I could use on a mobile device and I can't - but I have worked it out, along the lines of your email . Most of the free tools, buy the way, only function to remove the password that is used to place restrictions on the pdf - not the user/open password.
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #6
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I've used tools that completely remove all security, I didn't email you info, I assume it was someone else.
but if you look around you will find what you need eventually.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
PBank

sorry, danskmacabre, did not mean email, meant post. I have resolved this, thanks, as you suggested.