Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
ejm
Enthusiast
ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook & PRS-600
Deleting NOOK tour & NOOK User Guide?

... Is there a way to accomplish this (without softrooting, which presumably would provide direct file access not otherwise possible)?

I can't seem to identify any file(s) containing these two factory-installed docs so I can't figure out how to get rid of them from My Documents.
ejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
No, not without softrooting.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
ejm
Enthusiast
ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Alas, thanks for the clear reply!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
jdarnold
jdarnold began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Isn't it crazy that you can't delete or even archive these? I can't even imagine the thought process behind that. "Hey, let's put some incredibly rudimentary usage files on the front page of our ereader and make the user see these each and every time this page comes up, with no way of removing or changing them. Yeah, that makes sense".
jdarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarnold View Post
Isn't it crazy that you can't delete or even archive these? I can't even imagine the thought process behind that. "Hey, let's put some incredibly rudimentary usage files on the front page of our ereader and make the user see these each and every time this page comes up, with no way of removing or changing them. Yeah, that makes sense".
yes, it is kinda silly and you have not only one but two user instructions there. I personally also want to extract/backup the nice author illustration screensaver but cannot find how to.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
jettrue
Enthusiast
jettrue began at the beginning.

Device: Android
How do you do it if you are softrooted?
jettrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
ejm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarnold View Post
... perhaps during the same committee meeting it was decided Dave Barry's piece must stay on the top of the Daily list?

...oh well, still loving the nook.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #8
_CL
_CL began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm View Post
... Is there a way to accomplish this (without softrooting, which presumably would provide direct file access not otherwise possible)?

I can't seem to identify any file(s) containing these two factory-installed docs so I can't figure out how to get rid of them from My Documents.
With the 1.5 update, you can now put them in a shelf by themselves and put that shelf all the way at the end. That's what I just did.
_CL is offline   Reply With Quote