Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-21-2006, 04:26 AM   #1
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Angry Unreadable diagrams

I'm reading "Gettings Things Done" by David Allen right now. One major problem with the BBeB edition is that the diagrams look like extremely poor scans and are practically unreadable. Anyone else encountered this with other books? I might have to think twice about buying another non-fiction book (with diagrams) from Connect.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:28 AM   #2
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
I'm reading "Gettings Things Done" by David Allen right now. One major problem with the BBeB edition is that the diagrams look like extremely poor scans and are practically unreadable. Anyone else encountered this with other books? I might have to think twice about buying another non-fiction book (with diagrams) from Connect.
I had a few like that and was surprised when I changed orientation to landscape, they not only enlarged, but became much clearer, leading me this think the "bad scan" look was just a byproduct of the shrinkage.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBoy
I had a few like that and was surprised when I changed orientation to landscape, they not only enlarged, but became much clearer, leading me this think the "bad scan" look was just a byproduct of the shrinkage.
Thanks for your advice, but this doesn't help in this case. The images are just bad to begin with. They look terrible on the Connect reader as well. Looks like they used lossy (JPEG) compression, which is always a bad choice for diagrams.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
How does it look in the Connect Software on the PC, Laurens?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #5
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
How does it look in the Connect Software on the PC, Laurens?
Like I said, it looks bad as well.
Advert
Old 10-21-2006, 10:48 AM   #6
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Tables in "Freakonimics" excerpt are also hard to read. "Landscaping" page helps a bit though.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
Like I said, it looks bad as well.
That sounds like a bad source diagram to me too, Laurens. Well that stinks.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:54 AM   #8
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
When the iPod first came out I purchased a couple albums that were badly converted. I asked for fixed versions and they gave me my money back instead.

Hopefully Sony stands behind the quality of what they sell as well.

BBeB does support PNG, which is a much better choice for diagrams.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote