Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Can I change author sort with Calibre?

I have all my books in Calibre. I added metadata, and downloaded them to my kindle. But sometimes the author sort is first name, and sometimes last name. I checked in Calibre, and they are all set correctly, but when they get to my kindle, they are wrong. Can I fix this in Calibre?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
in MOBI output choose use author sort as author and re-convert the books to MOBI
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I need to do it BEFORE I convert. I didn't save all my originals, so I think I will use mobi2mobi to fix. Thanks
Old 12-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Oh, there are way too many. All the books saved as PRC are sorting by first name. But before Calibre, they showed up correctly on my kindle. I will try changing the author sort in Calibre for those books.
Well, that didn't work. I have 400 prc books. I can try to convert them to mobi, and then move only mobi to my kindle.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Figured it out - it is just where Kovid said. There is a little arrow over in the corner. I checked it, and now it seems to be working. I then did a bulk convert of all my books (531 were prc, which is what was not showing up correctly). I did that last week, and got duplicates, and had to go in and delete them one by one. But I will just send the mobi and AZW to my kindle - hopefully that will do it!
Advert