Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #16
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Amazon is, as always, trying to maintain as close to absolute control of their market as possible... in that light, their decision is understandable. Anal, maybe... but understandable. I can see them potentially going the MS route, i.e., actively buying up and/or burying the competition one by one, but they're a long way from that now.

(If I were Astak, I'd consider trying to obtain a license for non-DRM'd Mobi. Then buyers have access to a lot of existing Mobi books from other sources, and if their readers sell well, Amazon might eventually be convinced to drop DRM to sell to a larger number of potential e-book customers.)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Amazon is, as always, trying to maintain as close to absolute control of their market as possible... in that light, their decision is understandable. Anal, maybe... but understandable. I can see them potentially going the MS route, i.e., actively buying up and/or burying the competition one by one, but they're a long way from that now.

(If I were Astak, I'd consider trying to obtain a license for non-DRM'd Mobi. Then buyers have access to a lot of existing Mobi books from other sources, and if their readers sell well, Amazon might eventually be convinced to drop DRM to sell to a larger number of potential e-book customers.)
I think Amazon is monopolistic. They only allow AZW eBooks to purchased by someone who owns a Kindle. What Amazon should do is come out with reader software for the home computer and allow everyone to purchase AZW eBooks. Then they would not be so monopolistic.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2008, 06:27 AM   #18
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
yep.People who guarantee international shiping and tell you while in half your order "there has been a SLIGHT problem"-meaning they "can't ship to this adress" (my country) and I should "go back and change it"-meaning I have to move to another country for Amazon's "International shiping" availibility to aply to me-well theese people realy are hogwashes .
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote