Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
wsxhwyy
wsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the rough

Device: KT
Mplayer GUI? (To be improved)

It seems that the launcher extension of mplayer is hard to use.
Is there someone who's now developing a GUI for mplayer?
Or can someone give me some instruction to compile native Xorg apps for Kindle Touch?
Or maybe writing a java extension (like JBPatch) is easier?

Now I've made a quite simple one. GUI launcher extension package is attached.
10/1 Update:
source code package added
Updated:
version 0.1.1
fix volume problems
add speed/rewind function
display volume on screen
Attached Files
File Type: rar mplayer-with-gui-0.1.1.rar (3.29 MB, 2620 views)
File Type: zip gui-src-0.1.1.zip (3.3 KB, 1018 views)

Last edited by wsxhwyy; 09-30-2012 at 11:37 PM.
wsxhwyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The info for writing GTK based apps is now common knowledge. (Thread can be found on here) Essentially IIRC grabbing the relevant libs from the device (renamed the So in some cases) and building against them with a relevant toolchain.

That would possibly be a route of low resistance.

The Java Bytecode stuff might be simple enough, if you knew it already, I don't so I cant speak authoritatively on the subject, there is a decent wiki on the subject maintained largely by Ixtab, the author of that work. There is a learning curve associated with this if it's not in your skills set (like all "work", but this one might be tricky, that depends on you really)

Compiling native Xorg apps I can't help with other than I recall apps can be injected into awesome if the correct naming convention is used (you would have to check my facts on that), hopefully someone will come along with a great answer on that. I would like to read it.

WAF's again would not be a great choice IMHO since the interface is very linear.

I have never actually used mplayer but imagine a few widgets and a selectable list box would go a long way.

Hope that helps. A bit.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
wsxhwyy
wsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your advice.
It took me about two hours to write a quite simple one. I compiled it with TCC.

Thanks for the source of JoppyFurr and Geekmaster.

First you should install Mplayer Launcher Extension in thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170213
and copy the files into /extensions/mplayer/

Last edited by wsxhwyy; 09-28-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gets my vote. For some reason my launcher doesnt like it but meh. fine via ssh. cheers.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
How to select the song we want to play and how to view the name of songs
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
twobob

add a bit to the code at the end (there's a nice big blank space for it)

pass >&2 (or something???) from the output (the junk that is returned if you run .gui from the command line) and splatter that into the space at the bottom via epis calls.

The code is concise and simply written. Very tidy actually I thought.

was going to get roundtuit eventually as I like this gui and the code is freely available. or it was? woops! there it is : ) thanks

But now you've asked I reckon this one should be a great first project for you.
Get involved

Data is already there you want. interface there. space there for data. compiles even on the device. couldn't ask for a better starter project now I think of it. perhaps the dev will spit up some code for you.

Make it so. And don't be whining on about your age, you have to begin to become awesome at some point. now is your time

Last edited by twobob; 10-01-2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: less preachy, code is missing. (I have an old version)
Old 09-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What program to be used to compile
Old 09-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
twobob

tcc can do the job

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175834

Last edited by twobob; 09-30-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
wsxhwyy

Sorry, I forgot to pack the source code along with the package. Source code attachment added.

I print all the infomation with eips. I'm a Chinese user and now I don't know how to print Unicode characters. So I leave printing name of the songs unimplemented. Who can tell me how to print Unicode characters using truetype fonts?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
No direct answer here, but . . . .
Does Duokan use UTF8?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150175
Which should have links to the Duokan web-site.

You are at an advantage, at least you might be able to read their site.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #11
twobob

Okay I didn't have any fun getting this to build with TCC.

however using the resources in KEK was a walk in the park.

I used Knc1's setup for short names, some flags and x-compiled. that was nice and easy.

FLAGS

export ARCH_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=vfpv3-d16"
export CFLAGS="-mfloat-abi=softfp -O2 -ffast-math ${ARCH_FLAGS} -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
export HOST=i686-pc-linux
export BUILD=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi

Last edited by twobob; 10-02-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: better flags
Old 10-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #12
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

Ummm.. Noob question how to get tcc working on windows.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #13
twobob

tcc runs on the device.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175834 lots (search"TCC geekmaster mobileread") of info there.

However I actually ended up using CS TC 2007q3 and x-compiling for my tests as tcc was being stroppy.

Lots of info how to do that on the KeK thread. (search "Kindle Kek Knc1")
I don't use window much anymore since the device is linux, pointless extra effort for the sake of not using the right OS. IMHO. (unless you were devving c# or something - then it's the right tool for the job)

So, can't help you on windows sadly. but no doubt that is well documented too.

all I do is

include my flags

include my path for the TC

call gcc -o something something.c (and any libs that might be needed, none for this IIRC)

job done.

so something along those lines but in windowese mate.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #14
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
First, you have to get Google working on your Windows web browser.
I assume that the only reason you didn't ask Google first is because it is not working on your machine.

After that, it is fairly easy, just type:
tcc for windows
in the search box:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=836.0

Last edited by knc1; 10-02-2012 at 08:41 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #15
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Read the tcc thread twobob linked. Use the tccmake script to compile with tcc, because it temporarily "fixes" some stuff in the kindle while compiling...

Beware that programs compiled with ARM tcc cannot process command-line parameters. One workaround would be to read a config file instead, and run the program in a launcher script that writes its parameters to that config file.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-02-2012 at 09:20 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons