Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #31
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

Ah, yes, my sweet, but K8 does. Works a pip, too.

Which devices are able to display these K8-embedded fonts? Can you read them properly on your Kindle2, for instance?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #32
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Which devices are able to display these K8-embedded fonts? Can you read them properly on your Kindle2, for instance?
AFAIK, so far only the Kindle Fire can handle KF8 mobi files with embedded fonts. This is what the Amazon KF8 FAQ says:
Quote:
Q: Will KF8 capabilities be available on all Kindle devices?
A: Kindle Fire is the first Kindle device to support KF8 - in the coming months we will roll out KF8 to our latest generation Kindle e-ink devices as well as our free Kindle reading apps.
I.e., most likely only the K4s and maybe the K3s might get a KF8 update, but since Kindle 2s haven't been updated in ages, you're out of luck.
(The latest version of Kindlegen generates a hybrid .mobi file that can be read on older devices, too.)

Last edited by Doitsu; 03-29-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #33
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Thanks Doitsu, that helps as a starter. I have further questions but will stop to enter this epub-thread and ask them in the mobi forum.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The latest versions of Kindle for PC and Kindle for Mac are able to read KF8, too. I can't vouch for the apps for portable devices (besides the Fire reading app), but they can't be far behind if they're not there already.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #35
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin View Post
Hitch, I tried with single quotes and it makes no difference if we put or don't put at url. and the problem is fixed with iPad by providing particualr fonts for mac. Thanks for the support.

And my next target is android devices. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Sachin, I'm not sure I'm following you, but I did get at least one of the fonts to work on the iPad by adding the single quote mark. Is that what you're saying?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 01:23 AM   #36
sachin
Enthusiast
sachin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hitch, ofcourse i'm saying that only, using single quotes or not makes no difference in font embedding i meant, because it makes no difference in making my embedded fonts work in ibooks app. thank you
sachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 AM   #37
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Sachin:

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you ARE getting? That might help.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote