Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
Tbb Mills
Tbb Mills began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Angry Special Offers

Hi, i've just bought new, but second hand Kindle Keyboard. Unfortunately it's the version with special offers (that guy didn't tell me that > he will burn in hell). I don't register it yet and the Kindle don't show any offers, even screensavers are normal as on K's without offers. My question is, have somebody experience with these offers ? I read, that offers will show after registering. What about de-registering, will offers go away ? Or, if I ever register it, they will appear for ever ?
Tbb Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Most people LIKE the offers - you can save a lot of money on them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I would want them, but not on my Kindle.
Return if you don't like them or if the price doesn't seem right anymore...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Most people LIKE the offers - you can save a lot of money on them.
Very much so.

Even still, the ads don't get in the way of reading, so I'm not sure why it's such a big deal. Maybe the principle of certain info being withheld before a sale, but past that, the ads are an easy way to save some money on lots of stuff, from laptops to kids toys and more.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
How do you know it's the one with Special Offers if there aren't any displayed yet?

Either way, have a a look at these two threads:

You can unsubscribe to Special Offers on a K4 SO

Getting Rid Of Sponsored Screensavers (NO HACKS)
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
How do you know it's the one with Special Offers if there aren't any displayed yet?
What an excellent question.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
Tbb Mills

Question

Really good question, but on paper box is written ,,with special offers,, and it was sold as kindle with special offers. I'm ,,afraid" of offers, because I like original thematic screensavers. I don't want to look at Visa etc.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbb Mills View Post
Really good question, but on paper box is written ,,with special offers,, and it was sold as kindle with special offers. I'm ,,afraid" of offers, because I like original thematic screensavers. I don't want to look at Visa etc.
If it's a K3 you are stuck but seriously the screensavers aren't bad at all, some are really nice looking. and the banner Ad you will never notice on the homepage. I never do.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
Tbb Mills

Choosing

It's bad.. I can't set up the time (unregistered kindle has smaller settings), can't make collections (which I actually don't need to). Otherwise original screensavers are really nice (some of them), so I will keep my K3 unregistered. Maybe sometimes. Thanks to all
Old 10-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbb Mills View Post
... Otherwise original screensavers are really nice (some of them)...
Don't hear that too often.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have the SO-there was a pretty screensaver with ice skates today. Really not bad.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #12
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
For $30 you can get out of the special offers. However I am not troubbled by them in the least. In fact I like the fact that amazon changes them for me once ever few days, gives me something new to look at.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
Tbb Mills

Scrnsaver

I have the K3 one day, a haven't enough enjoyed original screensavers yet. Maybe after few weeks or months, I'll register my Kindle to get ,,new,, screensavers. Finally it's quite good to have option to let picture change.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Don't hear that too often.
I prefer the dead author screensavers, but I like saving money even more.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I prefer the dead author screensavers, but I like saving money even more.
Not me they creep me out! *shakes*
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
offers . register