Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo Mini question

I like to download from my local library into Overdrive on my Kobo Arc, how do I do this on my Kobo Mini which does not have Overdrive? Do I download Overdrive from my Arc to computer and the side load to Mini, and then do same with the library book?? Or, is there an easier way?
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Hi!

Here's how I do library stuff on my Touch; the same should apply to your Mini:

1) I installed Adobe Digital Editions on my computer.
2) I get an ACSM file from the library and use it to download the book into ADE.
3) I use ADE to transfer the book onto my Touch via USB.

It would be nice if Kobo had the ADE functionality right on the e-reader, but unfortunately that's not the case.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Hi!

Here's how I do library stuff on my Touch; the same should apply to your Mini:

1) I installed Adobe Digital Editions on my computer.
2) I get an ACSM file from the library and use it to download the book into ADE.
3) I use ADE to transfer the book onto my Touch via USB.

It would be nice if Kobo had the ADE functionality right on the e-reader, but unfortunately that's not the case.
I installed Digital Editions went to local library but they only show the epub version of book and that called for am app? I gave up and will call the local library in morning to see what I did wrong. Many thanks

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-13-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
I installed Digital Editions went to local library but they only show the epub version of book and that called for am app? I gave up and will call the local library in morning to see what I did wrong. Many thanks
They only will show the erpub version; that is what you want. It will actually download an ACSM file that when you launch it will load ADE that in turn will download the actual epub

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-13-2013 at 07:24 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Senior
Zealot

The book I wanted from the local library I downloaded into my Arc so now when I return to the local library online I cannot download the same book again. Can I copy the book in the Arc by usb and then open it on my computer and that is where the Abobe Editions is stored so will it become the epub that I can now sideload to the Mini?
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
I just bought a Kobo mini from Staples for 39.99 this weekend for my niece. It was like 50percent off and as an added bonus a snapback cover for free. Hoping she will like it.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
The book I wanted from the local library I downloaded into my Arc so now when I return to the local library online I cannot download the same book again.
If your library uses OverDrive there should be a section of their site that shows your "Bookshelf" where you can download a book again (if the checkout hasn't expired).

Here's a video of the entire process, including downloading, installing and activating ADE, that might help...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote